11% of gamers own unopened games according to survey

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/28/11-of-gamers-have-unopened-games-survey-shows/

I can actually say, yes to this. I, myself, have had many games purchased at a time if I found them at a bargain. Like when I bought The Force Unleashed for PS3, it sat for a while sealed.

Feb 2007
Kentucky, US
I'm a collectors worse nightmare. If I get my hands on a rare retro game and it is still shrink wrapped and sealed, consider it opened the moment I get it home or receive it in the mail. ::D There are no sealed games that survive in this house. Now movie DVDs might be a different matter. I think I have around three or four movies, that I got on sale, around here that I have not opened. And I have had them for months.

Feb 2007
I'm right up there with retro even if I have no intention of playing a game through right away I always pop it in right away and play for 20 minutes or so just to make sure it works.

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
I have a few games that are still sealed. I'm bad. I buy games that look cool, or I was told was cool, and then they sit. I end up playing like five or ten games and the other 250 or so sit and collect dust.