Aliens: Prometheus

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
From the buzz I've read on the 'net, it is a prequel, but not necessarily part of the Alien franchise. Prometheus really goes back to space jockey creature that piloted the space craft in Alien. It is a story that takes place 30 years before the Nostromo finds the derelect space craft on LV-426 and picks up a xenomorph.

Seems like Ridley Scott did have Giger consult, but they avoided using xenomorphs since that mythology is so overdone?

Either way, I am super excited about this movie coming out in June.

Here's the official high def trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF1mURRzLQM&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
No one else is pumped about this movie, really? Only two responses?!

NO.. MUST BUILD HYPE..!!! I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE THIS SO I CAN TALK ABOUT IT MORE!!

Mar 2007
Japan
Out of the movies I really want to see this summer, this is my definite second. (The first being Dark Knight Rises!) I love the Alien series. I may also be one of the few who hail Alien as the better movie compared to Aliens, on a side note. :lol

Feb 2009
United States
Yeah, this does look very good. I love the tagline. It is so true. ("The Search for Our Beginning Could Lead to Our End")

Anyway, the fact that it's in the Alien universe apparently should be pretty cool. I hope I can see it this summer. :)

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
GamingMaiden said:
I love the Alien series. I may also be one of the few who hail Alien as the better movie compared to Aliens, on a side note. :lol
Blasphemer!

Just kidding... Alien and Alien 3 are different than Aliens, more suspense, less direct action. To me, all three movies are amazing in their own right.

Prometheus will definitely be different since it is not focused on the xenomorphs as much, but that leaves room for so much more to take center stage!

I looked at the add, and it def looks interesting, and I wanna see it. I am not super excited over it tho, becuz personally I love Predator movies. :p But it will still prolly be cool, but not as cool aas the Hobbit. lol :p Thanks for sharing the link :)

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
Grindspine said:
^ that picture?

That is the "space jockey" from the first Alien movie. That was the pilot of the derelict spaceship where the facehugger eggs were initially found.

In Prometheus, the backstory of the race that pilot came from is explored more thoroughly.

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
My initial impression of the movie was that the visuals and cinematography were amazing, but the story seemed very inconsistent.

After several days to digest the story and several views of various discussion boards and articles concerning the plot, I have come to the conclusion that the story was ruined by attempts to load it with religious symbolism.

If I wanted to see a movie with aliens and and a crisis of faith, I'd watch Signs...

I think it could have easily been one of the most epic sci fi movies ever if Ridley Scott would have ditched the silly alien origin and alien gods themes.