Sega Saturn Any Waku Waku 7 fans? (Saturn)

Jul 2004
USA
Waku Waku 7...I love this game man. Its so wacky and fun, great colerful visuals, and insane character designs! This game is one of my favorites on the Saturn. Its sad it was never released for the Neo-Geo CD system, and it costs an arm and a leg on AES. Its really a great game, but I hardly ever see anyone talking about it...so c'mon someone else here has to like this crazy game!

Jul 2004
USA
Shawn Carr2o said:
:) Should i get the MVS version or the Sega Saturn version. :?
I've never played it, is it really funny & really wacky. :lol :)
Depends on how you feel about paying $75-$120 for the MVS cart. The saturn port is pretty good, fast load times, and graphics are pretty much dead on. The saturn version usually sells for around $30-$45 with a ram cart included..even cheaper without ram cart.

Oct 2004
London
Dr_Ackula said:
Depends on how you feel about paying $75-$120 for the MVS cart. The saturn port is pretty good, fast load times, and graphics are pretty much dead on. The saturn version usually sells for around $30-$45 with a ram cart included..even cheaper without ram cart.
Very true...but the neo version is noticeably better...bigger sprites, better animation, zero loading etc. It has all the usual 'flaws' that all saturn neo ports have I think, but the ss version is very good nonetheless.

As for the game itself..a seriously good, fun fighter. Imagine dragon punches done by a big ball shaped blob thing, mega combos etc and a general all round polished feel..basically a game to get imho. (and much better than its 'prequel' Galaxy Fight)

Jun 2004
the sun
dang. i've played the arcade game, but not the saturn one. i still remember the kid on the giant white rabbit type animal. and the end boss is the giant black sphere shaped thing with big teeth methinks.