Assassin's Creed 2 set in the French Revolution?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26688230&tag=latestheadlines;title;4

During the course of the show, the Wedbush Morgan game-industry soothsayer said that Assassin's Creed would be set "several hundred years" after the original game "sometime in the 1700s." Not content with a timeframe, Pachter went on to "speculate that the French Revolution could be a potential setting."
I've gotta say that this is a really good idea. The original game had so much potential, as does the setting of this one. Maybe Assassin's Creed 2 will be the genre-defining game the original once promised to be.

stealth toilet

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
North America
omg omg omg omg...

I will outwardly confess that I am a huge fan of Assassin's Creed. Whatever that game's shortcomings were it more than made up for it in the things it did right.

However, I heard the second game was going to take place in some sort of Mayan or Aztec setting, and that the third was going to be set in a Japanese "Lost City of Atlantis." These were all just rumours of course, and sticking with a European setting does make sense, but I was enjoying the idea of whatever that is going on in the game being something that permeated the entire globe.

Still, The French Revolution would also be really cool. At this point I'll trust Ubisoft to take the game wherever they want to go with it.

Mar 2007
Japan
Homicidal Cherry53 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26688230&tag=latestheadlines;title;4

I've gotta say that this is a really good idea. The original game had so much potential, as does the setting of this one. Maybe Assassin's Creed 2 will be the genre-defining game the original once promised to be.
This is an interesting concept. I'd like to see this. This sounds really cool.

Is this title still being made on the PS3. I cant wait to try Assassins Creed 1, I watched my friends beat it on the 360 but he traded the whole system in.

I need AC 1

The first I found was very enjoyable! I really loved the story line and characters too. And walking over these hillsides and taking in the cities was utterly breathtaking. I hope the second repeats this!
The French Revolution sounds like perfect place in time for it, especially how it seems to link well with the first. A place being turned into chaos, and your the assassin just fit for the job! But I wonder how this will go now, since the clan was brought down. Though i guess it'd have been kept alive, 'eh?
I'm looking forward to this.

Dec 2005
Fraser, Michigan
Starrynite said:
Is this title still being made on the PS3. I cant wait to try Assassins Creed 1, I watched my friends beat it on the 360 but he traded the whole system in.

I need AC 1
Wait..haha I get it now. I didn't realize this was in the 360 section instead of the General Gaming section.

Starrynite said:
Assassins Creed and AC2 are both tri platform, PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 it seems. This thread is in the 360 area of EGA>
So what? It's on the 360 so there's no reason it shouldn't be in the 360 section. In the absence of a board for cross-console games, I don't see what's so bad about putting a multi-console game in only one section. Is it really that big of deal?

Jul 2007
Homicidal Cherry53 said:
So what? It's on the 360 so there's no reason it shouldn't be in the 360 section. In the absence of a board for cross-console games, I don't see what's so bad about putting a multi-console game in only one section. Is it really that big of deal?
That's what the General section is for. =P

Starrynite said:
Yes, because if I had not known that it was already on PS3 then I would be decived into believing that it was in fact a 360 Exclusive.
But you and virtually every person on the site knows it. A mod can move it if you really want it, but is this honestly that much of an issue that it's worth starting an argument over?

stealth toilet

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
North America
Not gonna lie, I considered moving this thread to the General section when I saw it here.

But then I realized that would require a couple mouse-clicks, and to be honest, it just didn't seem worth it. :lol

If any member wishes they have my full permission, neigh, encouragement, to start an Assassin's Creed thread in the PS3 section... actually replace encourage with demand. And be quick about it!

Or don't, hell, I don't care. But if you're gonna stay here, you gotta start talking about Assassin's Creed again.

Like check it out, if we're talking about the French Revolution era, what kind of mad style forts are you gonna be able to scale? Will you have some sweet muskets or crossbows to use? I bet there's gonna be some wicked-awesome improvements to the running/climbing/animation/engine thing they've got going on too. I can't want to see how much more fluid and seamless a chase scene in AC2 will be compared to AC1.

Would they still continue with the current character and that lab assisstant and I want to know what company they work for. The real modern day times seemed most interesting.