Sega Dreamcast Dreamcast controller?

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
who liked it? WHo hated it?

what games (or game types) did it work well with or not well at all.

Post it up :D

†B†V† :hat

Jun 2004
the sun
that thing is pretty much the worst piece of garbage ever. the dpad sucks. that analogue is atrocious, and triggers are still a really stupid idea to put on a controller

Actually, as control pads go, I thought it was one of the best. ::)

Moltar said:
that thing is pretty much the worst piece of garbage ever. the dpad sucks. that analogue is atrocious, and triggers are still a really stupid idea to put on a controller

Jul 2004
Bmount
Once you get that callous on that one part of your finger you never used for any other game pad this pad was pretty awesome. I totally dismissed that type of pad when it came with nights for the saturn but i warmed up to it during the dream cast era (all 15 minutes of it!) and actually really like the thing!

Jun 2004
Asia
I wasn't a big fan of it.

I liked where the trigger buttons were - they were easy to use.

The thing was just way too big though. Too much like the Xbox controller.

And the analog was pretty atrocious.

Jul 2004
California
The official Dreamcast pad to me was uncomfortable. I like the Madcatz version the best.
But right now I am using the Dreamcast stick and an ASCII PS2 stick with a controller converter. 
But for controllers try the Madcatz pad it's actually a licensed product and works great after it's worn in a little.  :D

Jun 2004
the sun
the dpad was lacking slightly, but c'mon the triggers were the worst possible idea for fighters. they should not ever be on a controller. and the analog stick was inferior to the ps version. it just was too... lack of words. couldn't control it accurately easily maybe