who loves Eternal Darkness?

What made you love the game?

what are your favorite parts..etc?

post it up :D

†B†V† :hat

Jun 2004
Asia
Me!
It's well written. It's not BOO scares like Resident Evil.
It's got fantastic voice acting, great atmosphere and actual REASONS to play it over again.
The main reason I got a Cube

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
I know.... I love the eerie settings... the story line... and the controls are nice!

Its hard, but then again... its easier to hit the monsters.

isn't there anyone else?

†B†V† :hat

Jun 2004
New York
I kinda read about this game on Wikipedia. How scary would one say this is? Some of the "sanity effects" seem kind of silly (like the "to be continued screen" or the "blue screen of death". I played FEAR for the PC, and I had to stop for a couple of days because some of the stuff just freaked me out (some of it still does).

To be honest, I don't like the BOO scary stuff.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Nova said:
I kinda read about this game on Wikipedia.  How scary would one say this is?  Some of the "sanity effects" seem kind of silly (like the "to be continued screen" or the "blue screen of death".  I played FEAR for the PC, and I had to stop for a couple of days because some of the stuff just freaked me out (some of it still does).

To be honest, I don't like the BOO scary stuff.
It's not too scary.... but it's just a very cool game. It's a good story, fun to play... etc.

Bv :hat

Eternal Darkness is a very good game. While it is a bit rough around the edges and deserves most definitely a sequel headed in a SIMILAR direction, we will get no such thing.

I am quite sad to know that all Silicon Knights has been reduced to is pouring out ancient crap in a trilogy form with "neo" combat styles on a different platform.

Aug 2004
Ohio
That game was great! Some of those effects creeped me out for a moment or two before I realized what was going on. The blue screen of death got me the best.

I loved this game. The sanity effects are very inventive and I prefer this game over similar genre titles. I thought Call Of Cthulhu and Indigo Prophecy for Xbox were good, but the strong story AND great characters make this a really top notch effort not only for the 'Cube but for any system...

Sky

Oct 2005
Did anyone get a pukka fake out with the sanity effects? I did when I first tried it and didnt know it messed with you. It was the one where it makes you think the gamecube restarted.

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Georgia
Re: Eternal Darkness Topic

Yeah, it scared me as well. That's part of the reason I never finished it.

I'm going to have to give it another try, though.

Dec 2005
Fraser, Michigan

Never played it but I caught a video of the bathtub scene on youtube. I always play horror games with the lights off and the sound turned up. That would make me jump like no other.

Mar 2007
Japan

Strubes said:
Never played it but I caught a video of the bathtub scene on youtube. I always play horror games with the lights off and the sound turned up. That would make me jump like no other.
You should totally get it. :)Do you have a Gc? (i think you do.....)