Eternal Darkness Fans post here!

Mar 2007
Re: Eternal Darkness Topic

Yeah, the Gamecube had great first party games. Not much else. But Pikmin, man! I'll have to get this game if it's so scary.

Jan 2007

and the wii has DECENT 1st party games, even if none of them offer anything new besides *gasp* pointing at the screen

Mar 2007

Compared to the Sixaxis and 360 controller looking the same, and pretty much doing the same thing, I can tell the Wii is pretty crappy. I mean, look at the sales, pretty much no one wants a new way to play games. Hines, back a few months ago, you did nothing but bash the PS3 and praise the Wii. Quit being stupid. Pointing at the screen is a blatant understatement, and you know it.

Jan 2007

i like the wii, but its definitly not REVOLUTIONARY and A NEW WAY TO PLAY GAMES. its basically a regular controller split in half, and you can waggle both sides. its absolutely not superior to the regular controller style.

and about the sales

barbie dolls sell millions of units each year, does that mean they must be revolutionary and amazing?

Mar 2007

How is using motion not new, though? Seems pretty new to me. Comparing brand new motion technology to basic controllers seems like a new way to play games, like the Wii or not. And it is actually revolutionary, because it's made every person a gamer, and what's bad about that?

Hinesmdc said:
i like the wii, but its definitly not REVOLUTIONARY and A NEW WAY TO PLAY GAMES. its basically a regular controller split in half, and you can waggle both sides. its absolutely not superior to the regular controller style.
I agree with you, as of now. It takes developers a while to adjust to something new like the Wii's controller, hence, we haven't seen it being used to its full potential. However, as time passes, and developers gain more experience developing for the Wii, we will probably start seeing new, really innovative games.

Jan 2007

we will never be able to have a 1:1 real time sword fighting game

its simply not possible

the motion sensors are just not sensitive enough

Mar 2007

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
I agree with you, as of now. It takes developers a while to adjust to something new like the Wii's controller, hence, we haven't seen it being used to its full potential. However, as time passes, and developers gain more experience developing for the Wii, we will probably start seeing new, really innovative games.
...Manhunt 2! Look at all that stuff. Much better than pressing buttons and spinning analog sticks.

@Hines, even if the Wii can't get a 1:1 sword game, you don't seem to realize it comes much, much closer than any other console can even hope to have. I mean, the 360 has no motion, and the PS3 has horrible motion.

Hinesmdc said:
we will never be able to have a 1:1 real time sword fighting game
It will come far closer than any other console out there.

Even if the Wii isn't perfect in terms of motion control, its a step in the right direction. Its a step towards games coming closer to the actual experience, and I think it deserves credit for that.

@fhq, Manhunt 2 doesn't look like anything special for me really, and we're on the same side here. :D

Mar 2007

Yeah, but I think that swinging Wiimote>rolling analog sticks for movements. It's much more immersive. Plus, hopefully Prime will drill something into developer's heads, and we'll start seeing some good control shooters.

Jan 2007

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
It will come far closer than any other console out there.
no, pressing a button will always be far more accurate than waggling a remote

@fhq, manhunt 2 just has gimmicky motions attached to animations that were designed for a regular controller, it does nothing new

Mar 2007

Hinesmdc said:
no, pressing a button will always be far more accurate than waggling a remote

@fhq, manhunt 2 just has gimmicky motions attached to animations that were designed for a regular controller, it does nothing new
'Cause you've totally played Manhunt 2.

Jan 2007

fhqwhgads said:
'Cause you've totally played Manhunt 2.
no...but its a port of a ps2 game

and what you just said there just makes yourself looks bad

WHAT O MAN YOUV NEVER PLAYED IT

i never said whether it was a good or bad game

i said it assigns simple motions to animations that were designed to be done by button presses. which is 100% true.

Mar 2007

If it was a port, it probably wouldn't be coming out the same day. You know, the general idea of a port is some extra money a year or two after it comes out.

Hinesmdc said:
no...but its a port of a ps2 game
No, its coming out on the same date as the PS2 version. We'll find out what the controls are like when it comes out.
Hinesmdc said:
and what you just said there just makes yourself looks bad

WHAT O MAN YOUV NEVER PLAYED IT
No, he was pointing out that you haven't played it yet and you've already judged its controls, even though you haven't played it yet.
Hinesmdc said:
i said it assigns simple motions to animations that were designed to be done by button presses. which is 100% true.
They planned to make Wii and PS2 versions, so someone could also say that they assigned button presses to a game they designed to be motion controlled.

Jan 2007

your both comepletely wrong, the wii game is based off of the playstation 2 version. they developed it for ps2, made a wii version, and released them on the same day.

just as the wii version of guitar hero 3 is based off of the ps2 version

Mar 2007

Or maybe they thought, "Hey, check out the Wii, wouldn't it be awesome to control Manhunt 2 with it?" "Yeah, it totally would, while we're at it, let's make a PS2 version so we can get massive sales, just in case not enough people get the Wii version."

Besides, even if you were right(lol), just because the Wii version was made first doesn't make it worse. Not to mention, in a game, replicating movement would be a lot better than pressing a button to swing a knife.

Jan 2007

yeah, not to mention, i never said it wouldnt be a good game. read my posts.

and the ps2 version was made first.

its simple