First N64 Game

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
I miss the era of the N64...

But I love the Call of Duty 4 era as well :D

My 1st games.. I know I said it before, but I am going to say it again...

Super Mario 64
Pilot Wings 64

†B†V† :hat

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
MegaDrive20XX said:
I'm with BV..Super Mario 64 & Pilotwings were the first two. 3rd, would have to be, WAVE RACE!!! *WELCOME TO DOLPHIN PARK*! *whistling the theme*
Wave Race was awesome! I needs to get that game again....

Mar 2012
This is a pretty old thread but Ill chime in.

I was 16 at the time. 1996...we had just moved to Alaska. I started working at the local grocery store making $14 an hour. We got a shipment of Nintendo 64's in and I was first in line...well actually, I was first to stick one behind the counter and save until I got paid that Friday.

It cost me $300 to buy. That took my paycheck of course. I never bought a single game. The video rental store in our town was run by a family that had moved to our town from Japan. They had mad hookups on video games and other cool Eastern stuff.

The first game I ever played was Super Mario 64. It blew my 16 year old mind. What was funny about it though was I already had a Playstation which I remember boggling my mind as well.

Games I remember fondly playing as a kid:

Super Mario 64 - Only Mario Galazy 1 & 2 rival this game for me
Mario Kart 64 - Mario Kart Double Dash is my second favorite after this
Pilotwings 64 - Took what I already loved about Pilotwings on the SNES and made it even better
Wave Race 64 - Still kicks Wave Race Blue Storm in the butt!
Blast Corps - RARE made some wacky games. I stick this right up with Cobra Triangle....LOVE THEM BOTH!
Killer Instinct Gold - It was like bringing the arcade home

I think I kept my N64 for about a year and then sold it to the brother of a girl I went to school with. I honestly wish I had kept that N64.

Here I am now 32, 16 years later and I still have a video game / console obsession. More so consoles. It drives my wife crazy, but she loves me and humors me.

This is our ever growing list of consoles:

Nintendo Entertainment System (original)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (original)
Nintendo 64 (or as I like to refer to it by its original name....Ultra 64)
Nintendo Gamecube (silver)
Nintendo Wii (original run)

Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS x 2

SEGA Genesis (model 2)
SEGA Dreamcast

SONY Playstation (original fat)
SONY Playstation 2 (original fat)
SONY Playstation 3 (original fat)

Microsoft XBOX
Microsoft XBOX 360 (original white) x 2 - One has the red ring though
Microsoft XBOX 360 Slim - To match everything in our living room

Wishlist:

SEGA Master System
SEGA Genesis (model 1)
SEGA CD (model 1)
SEGA CD (model 2)
SEGA Saturn

Nintendo Virtual Boy
Nintendo N64 DD - Not hard to find but hella expensive
Nintendo DS (original)
Nintendo DS Lite (original)
Nintendo DS XL

Samsung NUON

PC Engine / Turbo Graphx 16

Feb 2007
Kentucky, US
martylavender said:
This is a pretty old thread but Ill chime in.

I was 16 at the time. 1996...we had just moved to Alaska. I started working at the local grocery store making $14 an hour. We got a shipment of Nintendo 64's in and I was first in line...well actually, I was first to stick one behind the counter and save until I got paid that Friday.

It cost me $300 to buy. That took my paycheck of course. I never bought a single game. The video rental store in our town was run by a family that had moved to our town from Japan. They had mad hookups on video games and other cool Eastern stuff.

The first game I ever played was Super Mario 64. It blew my 16 year old mind. What was funny about it though was I already had a Playstation which I remember boggling my mind as well.

Games I remember fondly playing as a kid:

Super Mario 64 - Only Mario Galazy 1 & 2 rival this game for me
Mario Kart 64 - Mario Kart Double Dash is my second favorite after this
Pilotwings 64 - Took what I already loved about Pilotwings on the SNES and made it even better
Wave Race 64 - Still kicks Wave Race Blue Storm in the butt!
Blast Corps - RARE made some wacky games. I stick this right up with Cobra Triangle....LOVE THEM BOTH!
Killer Instinct Gold - It was like bringing the arcade home

I think I kept my N64 for about a year and then sold it to the brother of a girl I went to school with. I honestly wish I had kept that N64.

Here I am now 32, 16 years later and I still have a video game / console obsession. More so consoles. It drives my wife crazy, but she loves me and humors me.

This is our ever growing list of consoles:

Nintendo Entertainment System (original)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (original)
Nintendo 64 (or as I like to refer to it by its original name....Ultra 64)
Nintendo Gamecube (silver)
Nintendo Wii (original run)

Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS x 2

SEGA Genesis (model 2)
SEGA Dreamcast

SONY Playstation (original fat)
SONY Playstation 2 (original fat)
SONY Playstation 3 (original fat)

Microsoft XBOX
Microsoft XBOX 360 (original white) x 2 - One has the red ring though
Microsoft XBOX 360 Slim - To match everything in our living room

Wishlist:

SEGA Master System
SEGA Genesis (model 1)
SEGA CD (model 1)
SEGA CD (model 2)
SEGA Saturn

Nintendo Virtual Boy
Nintendo N64 DD - Not hard to find but hella expensive
Nintendo DS (original)
Nintendo DS Lite (original)
Nintendo DS XL

Samsung NUON

PC Engine / Turbo Graphx 16
Wow! I thought I was the only one like this. We are almost neck and neck. You need a Genesis & a Saturn, plus A Turbo Duo & Express. And maybe an Atari Lynx & a Jaguar. Hmmm... I don't have an Xbox or anything Microsoft. And I do not have a PS3 yet. I do have every version of Gameboy that was produced except the backlit Pocket.

Everything that I own I purchased during their "Hey Day."

Jul 2004
Bmount
Up until the wii (stupid pack-in game) the first game i got with EVERY Nintendo system was the first mario game on said system, so yeah, ditto on mario 64.

Feb 2009
United States
First N64 game was Mario Kart 64. :)

Second, third, were Hydro Thunder, and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.
Got all three of those in 2002, then stuff happened and we didn't get another console for 6 years. :V

Hydro Thunder is and always will be one of the best racing games ever.
And Jones was a rare gem on the system as well. Extremely buggy but it was so rushed. It's still an amazing game and I play it from time to time.

MK64, I don't even have to say. :D