Going to Purchase a PS3 Soon. Some Questions...

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
8,545
Los Angeles, CA
So looks like I'm going to bite the bullet sometime soon. I almost did this past weekend but it turns out I needed to purchase copies of Windows 7 so that my PCs won't stop working first.

But I was wondering about some things before I do, for instance -

The Dualshock 3 doesn't seem to have a replaceable battery. What would I do if my battery no longer holds a charge or is plain defective? One of the things I like about the 360 is that I can provide my own batteries and can easily change them.

How is the process of transferring data from the original hard drive to a bigger hard drive? I plan to upgrade the HD to at least 500 GB. I know the installation is a breeze, but was wondering about the data.

What's the best headset for use in online multiplayer? Another thing I like about the 360 is that I don't have to have a wireless headset, as nice as they are. Just simple plug and play.


Thanks in advance.
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
1) The DS3 Controller's manual that comes with the system actually teaches you how to replace that battery.
2) The process is not too bad if you use an external HD since it is very USB friendly. However, if this is your first PS3 it's okay. The 2nd time, you must deactivate video and game content from your profile. Which is very VERY important
3) Best headset? The Sony brand I would say, it's very solid
 
Jul 2007
7,662
PS3 uses any USB Headset. I'm going to be getting these babies soon enough...

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/68/A40-Audio-System-MGS4-Edition/
 

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
8,545
Los Angeles, CA
Nice. So what type of batteries do the Dualshocks use? I just want to get an idea.


Fr0dus Maximus said:
PS3 uses any USB Headset. I'm going to be getting these babies soon enough...

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/68/A40-Audio-System-MGS4-Edition/
Holy crap. Not sure if I would need those, but let me know how they work out for you.
 
Jul 2007
7,662
CreepinDeth said:
Holy crap. Not sure if I would need those, but let me know how they work out for you.
My steeleseries are going, got them when they were around $150. A friend has a pair of Astros and the quality is godlike. Best headphones I have ever put on my well... head.
 
Dec 2005
15,155
Fraser, Michigan
CreepinDeth said:
So looks like I'm going to bite the bullet sometime soon. I almost did this past weekend but it turns out I needed to purchase copies of Windows 7 so that my PCs won't stop working first.

But I was wondering about some things before I do, for instance -

The Dualshock 3 doesn't seem to have a replaceable battery. What would I do if my battery no longer holds a charge or is plain defective? One of the things I like about the 360 is that I can provide my own batteries and can easily change them.

How is the process of transferring data from the original hard drive to a bigger hard drive? I plan to upgrade the HD to at least 500 GB. I know the installation is a breeze, but was wondering about the data.

What's the best headset for use in online multiplayer? Another thing I like about the 360 is that I don't have to have a wireless headset, as nice as they are. Just simple plug and play.


Thanks in advance.
If the battery goes haywire, Sony will replace it for free. The best online headset to use is the official Sony Blu-tooth. If you plug the headset in, it'll automatically read it and it'll because usable. In an essence, plug and play. :)
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
CreepinDeth said:
Nice. So what type of batteries do the Dualshocks use? I just want to get an idea.


Holy crap. Not sure if I would need those, but let me know how they work out for you.
I think it's a type of watch battery, I never opened one up yet.
 

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
8,545
Los Angeles, CA
x2 said:
Creepin's goin to the dark side :D
lol, I guess you can say that. But Best Buy owes me a lot of rewards points, so I'd rather save money on a big purchase like a PS3.

Also, I've always wanted one, was just waiting for the right time. In my eyes, the PS3 wasn't there yet library wise. Now it is.