has anyone beat resident evil 4?

Mar 2007
It had a bunch of problems, like Ashley in general, the dragging story, half the weapons, half the weapon upgrades, and more.

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
MR.KAZ said:
I have,but all I got for all that work was a short and cheesy ending. 0:)
To be fair, Resident Evils aren't really about the endings since there will usually be a new one coming up to extend the story. Unless it's the final RE game ever, don't expect a great ending.

It's more about how it carries the ongoing story and I think RE4 did a really good job of that.

Dec 2005
Fraser, Michigan
CreepinDeth said:
To be fair, Resident Evils aren't really about the endings since there will usually be a new one coming up to extend the story. Unless it's the final RE game ever, don't expect a great ending.

It's more about how it carries the ongoing story and I think RE4 did a really good job of that.
I agree. It's fascinating in RE4 to learn this entirely new storyline. I haven't beaten it yet (been busy) but I'm making steady strides towards it. :)

Jun 2004
England
trkorecky said:
To tell you the truth, my friend and I played this for a few hours one night, and I wasn't impressed. Yeah, it had graphics. No, it wasn't scary. No, it wasn't fun either. In my opinion, killing 10,000 of the same eight zombie models gets a bit old. Granted there were a few laughs from the unnecessary violence (trust me, I bought Doom 3 just for the mindless gore), but I don't think the game warrants a purchase.. I felt the game was too slow-paced and horrendously repetetive.

Just my $0.02 though.
I know this was posted over 2 years ago, but it sums up my thoughts perfectly.

KirbyRockz

Forum Staff
May 2004
Texas
I greatly prefer games like Half-Life 2 to RE4. They're both pretty much action games with a tense atmosphere (most of the time... Half-Life 2 had its zombie-less maps, but Ravenholm makes up for that).

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I love RE as well and is a great series. The story is pretty intriguing, the only problem is that not many people really know what's going on. You actually have to read all the little notes and passages that you come across in the game. All of them, from RE1 to 4, tie the story together and I think that's what fascinates me the most about this game. How everything ties together. It has great action but it's the story that does it for me. Not to mention the cool looking monsters.