Has Anyone Ever Given You A Hard Time About How Much Time You Devote To Gaming?

Jan 2008
Earth
My old man has certainly has told from time to time that..."If you spent as much time on more constructive activities instead of being glued to the screen you'd be better off in life.."

Godspeed.
Kaz

Jan 2010
Northern AL
Yup. Specially when I get a new games, because I go at it non-stop until it gets boring.

I have had many people on my back since I got left 4 dead. My mom, dad, both of my bosses, my friends, etc.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Re: Has Anyone Ever Given You A Hard Time About How Much Time You Devote To Gami

Wise words from your old man there!

No not really because they know no matter what they say ill never stop playing video games it's as simple as that i don't see the difference in playing video games all day or watching tv/movies all day so eh.

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
My girlfriend occasionally would give me a hard time about playing video games when she wanted to hang out. Then I got her hooked on Castlevania. After that point, she started stealing my GBA, DS lite, and PS2. :(

Jan 2008
Earth
Grindspine said:
My girlfriend occasionally would give me a hard time about playing video games when she wanted to hang out. Then I got her hooked on Castlevania. After that point, she started stealing my GBA, DS lite, and PS2. :(
Backfire huh?

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
MR.KAZ said:
Backfire huh?
With my DS, totally. I couldn't beat Portrait of Ruin for months because she kept "borrowing" my DS.

It's enjoyable watching her play Lament of Innocence on the PS2 though. It also gives her something to do when I'm playing Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike: Source, or Unreal Tournament III.

Mar 2007
Japan
x2 gives me a hard time on DA:O. :lol It's not an addiction, I just happen to be very devoted to it!

Anyways, my parents makes fun of me for it, but it's all in good fun though. :) They never were angry about it really. They are actually kinda glad I play games as much as I do because I never get in trouble.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
GamingMaiden said:
x2 gives me a hard time on DA:O. :lol It's not an addiction, I just happen to be very devoted to it!

Anyways, my parents makes fun of me for it, but it's all in good fun though. :) They never were angry about it really. They are actually kinda glad I play games as much as I do because I never get in trouble.
Who, me? Nooooooo, never! :p But yes, it's all in fun. I know you just really love the game. My sisters used to give me some crap about gaming but honestly when I look back on it now, they had a point {I used to sometimes play like 6 or more hours a day! :eek:}.

Mar 2007
Japan
x2 said:
Who, me? Nooooooo, never! :p But yes, it's all in fun. I know you just really love the game. My sisters used to give me some crap about gaming but honestly when I look back on it now, they had a point {I used to sometimes play like 6 or more hours a day! :eek:}.
I think it's sick how good Bioware is. Any game from them, I'm bound to be addicted to it. Just wait until the day I get Mass Effect.... That could be worse than Dragon Age's addiction. :lol

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
GamingMaiden said:
I think it's sick how good Bioware is. Any game from them, I'm bound to be addicted to it. Just wait until the day I get Mass Effect.... That could be worse than Dragon Age's addiction. :lol
Oh I agree! You have no idea how many hours I've put into KoTOR! When I get a 360 my very first games will be ME me ME2.

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
Ya know, I rarely DEVOTE time to gaming. Really, unless it's a social occasion (invited to a LAN gaming session), I don't really set aside time for gaming. I just do it in my leisure time.