Has anyone noticed a console shortage?

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/19/gamestop-console-shortages-likely-not-fixed-until-summer/

GameStop claims the problem will be solved during the summer. Meanwhile, PS3s are disappearing with Sony promising since last month the issue would be resolved.

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I've never seen a GS with more than maybe 5 consoles of each in their store at one time. Even my friend who works there has told me that they usually only get a handful. Don't know why this is news to be honest.

Feb 2007
Kentucky, US
At any of the stores: In my area PS3's have always been in an abundance. The XBox 360 has always been overflowing. It is the Wii that has been absent from the shelves. Occasionally the shelves would fill up, but would quickly empty. And the PSP also seems to stay on the shelf. I have yet to see a PSP Go. The DSi also is something that stays on the shelf.

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
CreepinDeth said:
But this is just on GS end. What about the other retailers? Are they experiencing the same shortage?
Yes. Our Sam's Club has had no PS3s or Wiis since late January I think? Phoenix will back me up on this one.

Edit: Which he already did :lol