I got me an XBOX!!

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
The other day I was chatting with a coworker about nothing in particular when he suddenly said, "Hey. You want my Xbox and PS2??" I said that I didn't want another PS2, as mine still is alive and kicking (Okay, it's back in it's box along with my other consoles. Moving soon.). I asked how much he wanted for the Xbox. He says, "How about $50? Nah. $25." I asked if he would trade, and he said yes. So I offered up a .22 caliber rifle that chances are will never see any action, and a few hundred rounds. He agreed.

So now I have an Xbox. Two controllers (one wireless), and six games.

The games are:
UFC Tapout 2 (Looks cool)
Madden NFL '06 (Not much of a sports freak, but this one looks promising)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (Car game. Me likey)
Dousex Invisible War (Creepy cool? Perhaps)
007 Nightfire (Everyone needs a Bond game)
Outlaw Volleyball (All I can think is WTH?)

So now I am happy. I thinned the gun herd a bit so I don't have to tote a bunch of firearms accross state lines and have boosted my console collection to 9.

And BV. When I get to my new digs in North Carolina, I will be purchasing Fable from you. Maybe I'll actually pick it up being that I'll be closer to you!!

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
Well, I guess with that thinking I should get rid of my NES, N64, Sega Saturn, Sega Mastersystem, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, and PS1, eh?? Maybe in a year or so I should toss out my PS2... :D

I am a collector of consoles. It doesn't matter to me if they are "outdated" because they still work and the games are still cool.

Besides, the 360 is just a bit too "gimmicky" for me right now.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
wow... although I think your .22 was worth a lot more. But besides the point... :lol nice! How much did he want for the PS2?

Why don't I ever get lucky like this and get cheaper games?!!! :lol

Bv :hat

Jun 2004
Brandon, FL
That's a crazy trade! A .22 for a Xbox! I bet you been playing since you got it huh?

Dont expect me to get an Xbox Bv, Gaycube is already killin' me! Grr..the new Zelda needs to come out for GC!

Sky

Oct 2005
Dart said:
Well, I guess with that thinking I should get rid of my NES, N64, Sega Saturn, Sega Mastersystem, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, and PS1, eh?? .
No super nintendo!? that makes me cry :'(

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
Eh, I think my Xbox was DOA. I took it to Phoenix this weekend (Along with my DC and PS2) and it didn't want to work). I think I'm gonna monkey with it and see if I can get it running.

Yes. I want XBL. I'll figure that one out when I get teh Xbox running.

@BV, I have enough guns, and I felt that the trade was even.

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
akuza said:
you should've pawned the .22 and used the money to buy the xbox. that would've been a little smarter. but hey whatever works.  ;)
Nah. I woulda got less for the rifle because it was a single shot. Besides, a few days later the guy came up to me and asked for the Xbox back because his truck got broken into and the gun was stolen. I told him that I wasn't an insurance agency, and that if the gun was gone, he was out of luck.

It's easy to figure out what your co-worker's real plan is. He's going to shoot you and take the Xbox back! I have honestly never met anyone that owns a gun before. Well, I probably have. You'd be surprised how dangerous some of the kids in Britain are. And they're mostly scum too.

The Man Who Rocks Out With His 'Box Out,
8) SAM360