Sega Saturn I'm back in the SEGA SCENE SUCKAS!!

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
Okay I will admit, being the Admin of my website "Sega-Spetsnaz", I wasn't really in the game, I gave Sega a break for a while. Played alot of NES during the past weeks, some PS2 as well. I just wasn't that faithful at times, when I still have so much to play and see out there. Yet, I am back, and I'm here to stand stronger then before when today, I just purchased a lovely...

Japanese Sexy White Sega Saturn

Viva La Sega...

Oh and for those asking, I only paid $57 for this nice little one.

Now I must find some games...

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
Cool. I got the plain ole U.S black version. I admit, I am a bit of a sega Fanboy myself.
But if I were to get a Japanese Saturn, it would be the smoke clear one. That one is extra tasty sexy. But they go for a lot on Ebay...

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
Ghouls N Ghosts said:
Skeleton Saturn or the "Too Cool" Saturn? Either way, both are quite lovely, the white one is my personal favorite. Yet the original grey is sweet.
Dunno. All the auction said was that it was a Japanese Smoke clear Saturn, and the dude wanted at least $150 for it. It came with the smoke clear controller.
By the way, is there a way to mod my U.S version to play imports??

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
actually it's really easy to play US Imports on a JPN Saturn...you need to find a simple cart called "Satellite" all it does is allow to play any game on any region console Saturn. Since all US games don't really need a MB cart, this will do the trick nicely and it's super cheap if you find this white cart.

Btw, that sounds like a "Derby Saturn" you speak of

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Ghouls N Ghosts said:
Okay I will admit, being the Admin of my website "Sega-Spetsnaz", I wasn't really in the game, I gave Sega a break for a while. Played alot of NES during the past weeks, some PS2 as well. I just wasn't that faithful at times, when I still have so much to play and see out there. Yet, I am back, and I'm here to stand stronger then before when today, I just purchased a lovely...

Japanese Sexy White Sega Saturn

Viva La Sega...

Oh and for those asking, I only paid $57 for this nice little one.

Now I must find some games...
cool man :)

but I have a black one too :lol

Bv :hat

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
I like the white Saturn... but I cannot play us games on it, right?

you know though... I had a white one in stock a couple weeks ago... sold it for $40 ;) :D

I have a boxed complete one just in.... that will be a bit more though.

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
Ghouls N Ghosts said:
actually it's really easy to play US Imports on a JPN Saturn...you need to find a simple cart called "Satellite" all it does is allow to play any game on any region console Saturn. Since all US games don't really need a MB cart, this will do the trick nicely and it's super cheap if you find this white cart.

Btw, that sounds like a "Derby Saturn" you speak of
I have the white cart. It's the one that hooks up to the memory port in the back, right?? I bought one on ebay a while back for $10. It's an 8MB memory cart, but I don't currently have the need for it being that the games I have either don't have a save option or I can just save on the hard drive. But that cart can also make it so that I can play imports??
Here's one just like the one I have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-SATURN-Satellite-4-in-1-MEMORY-CARD-8MB-8-MB-NEW_W0QQitemZ8213189631QQcategoryZ3654QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dart

Forum Staff
Jun 2005
Louisburg, NC, USA
Ghouls N Ghosts said:
that's it, it can do that...plus a memory backup system...yet it does NOT have the 1MB/4MB feature for SNK/Capcom games
I need one devoted to 1MB/4MB when this one has a total of 8MB of memory?? That seems odd.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Dart said:
I need one devoted to 1MB/4MB when this one has a total of 8MB of memory?? That seems odd.
different memory for different uses :)
If I am right.. the 8 meg memory is to back up system save data... and the like.

The 1/4 meg carts are used by the games for gaming information when you play.

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Dart said:
Hm. Well it still isn't sinking in for me. But oh well. I am sure there are many more imports that I can play without any problems, right??
I think what they are saying is that, when you have the smaller 1MB cart it's like if you added RAM to a computer. When you use the bigger 8MB one its like adding a hard drive to a computer. One is used for saving info while the other one is utilized for performance.

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
creepindeth04 said:
I think what they are saying is that, when you have the smaller 1MB cart it's like if you added RAM to a computer. When you use the bigger 8MB one its like adding a hard drive to a computer. One is used for saving info while the other one is utilized for performance.
WINNAR!!! ^_^ You hit it on the nail bro