Is Luigi's Mansion any good?

Mar 2007
9,479
Bluevoodu said:
Are you sure? i bet they could do something.
Let's look at SM64DS. Missing functions. Now think about a game from the GCN controller. What would it be missing, how important would it be(since SM64 requires minimal buttons)?

Assuming they effectively translate GCN controls to DS, I'm sure Luigi's Mansion is not high up on the to-do list(however awesome it would be).
 
fhqwhgads said:
Let's look at SM64DS. Missing functions. Now think about a game from the GCN controller. What would it be missing, how important would it be(since SM64 requires minimal buttons)?

Assuming they effectively translate GCN controls to DS, I'm sure Luigi's Mansion is not high up on the to-do list(however awesome it would be).
when there's a will there's a way. (or something like that XD)
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
Zidart said:
when there's a will there's a way. (or something like that XD)
I agree. They may not be the same, but would be comparable.

And I meant I'd like to see a continuation of the series on the Wii.

†B†V† :hat
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
fhqwhgads said:
I'd prefer a successfully mapped sequel than a crappily controlled port.
Which is what I am talking about :)

I bet they make a new one at some point. The game sold relatively well... and it seems to be picking up popularity again.

I want to see a DS pikmin...

†B†V† :hat
 

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
10,541
Georgia
Well what I liked about Luigi's Mansion is that it felt very pure. I don't know how else to describe it. It was a game that felt like a game. It's the kind of game you play and remember why you started playing games in the first place. It was short, but it was like they took all the inefficient fluff out and left only what matters.
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
Mai Valentine said:
Well what I liked about Luigi's Mansion is that it felt very pure. I don't know how else to describe it. It was a game that felt like a game. It's the kind of game you play and remember why you started playing games in the first place. It was short, but it was like they took all the inefficient fluff out and left only what matters.
I agree... and the colors and ghosts were done right!

I think the dust flying in front of the flashlight is rather cool :lol That may be a small detail, but it is cool :)


†B†V† :hat