Last Movie(s) you've watched?

Status
Closed
Icyguy said:
Over the weekend I watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Yeah…………… that was pretty epic. Interested in the books now. I honestly never knew they were books.
The books are great, the movies were great too. Tolkien even invented a whole nother language for his books and even wrote out the back history in another book. The guy was seriously obsessed with his lil world he created. THe books are somewhat different then the movies, but def worth reading. Make sure u start with the Hobbit before u read the Lord of the rings books :) Glad u enjoyed the movies

for sure read Hobbit first, it's great, but not as good as the others so it'd be a let down if you didn't! I used to commute almost two hours to work and I bought all the Tolken books on tape and went through them twice a few years ago, very epic, some of the best fantasy written period.

Finally went to see the Amazing Spider-Man. They put on some VERY adult movie instead for like 5 minutes and everyone was like WTH. They fixed it though, but still, couldn't have picked a worse one to put in place of the family-friendly Spider-Man. Heh. :H

Movie was great, though. I feel it was a bit rushed and the CGI was pretty laughable in some places. Still, pretty good and worthy of the Spider-Man name. Casting was perfect, acting was great, score was good but oddly placed sometimes.

I absolutely loved the montage early on of Peter just getting his powers and messing everything up. That part in the bathroom LOL.
Can't wait to hear more about the sequel. I think they can do a lot with all the hints they put in this one. :)

Icyguy said:
Finally went to see the Amazing Spider-Man. They put on some VERY adult movie instead for like 5 minutes and everyone was like WTH. They fixed it though, but still, couldn't have picked a worse one to put in place of the family-friendly Spider-Man. Heh. :H

Movie was great, though. I feel it was a bit rushed and the CGI was pretty laughable in some places. Still, pretty good and worthy of the Spider-Man name. Casting was perfect, acting was great, score was good but oddly placed sometimes.

I absolutely loved the montage early on of Peter just getting his powers and messing everything up. That part in the bathroom LOL.
Can't wait to hear more about the sequel. I think they can do a lot with all the hints they put in this one. :)
Did they give u a free pass to go to a movie or anything for messing up on the movie like that? I would suspect that some parents would be quite upset over the mix up.

Gelfwings said:
Did they give u a free pass to go to a movie or anything for messing up on the movie like that? I would suspect that some parents would be quite upset over the mix up.
No, I didn't care enough but I figure if I had demanded something they would've given it to me. I mean, there was like this 8-year-old over on the right and I agree that parents should've been upset, and a lot were but they got over it because the theater quickly realized their mistake and fixed it.
Still wow, though.

Last movie I saw was Men In black 3 for a second time :D lol, and before that I went and saw Snowwhite and the Huntsmen at cheap theater and it was okish. Woulda been better if they used Megan Fox instead of that Twilight chick. But the Thor guy did a good job. Actually, it would just have been better if they made another Transformers movie and put Megan Fox back in it

The chick from twilight has 0 sex appeal, and is a crap actress, at best only worthy of being typecast as a brooding emoish teenager until she looks like she's pushing 30 then send her to the valley to jockey a starbucks.

random segways into twilight digs abound here at ega!

targetrasp said:
The chick from twilight has 0 sex appeal, and is a crap actress, at best only worthy of being typecast as a brooding emoish teenager until she looks like she's pushing 30 then send her to the valley to jockey a starbucks.

random segways into twilight digs abound here at ega!
My brother really likes that twilight chick. lol. But, I like ur post. My husband and I dislike her acting. All she does is make sad faces. I mean, it seriously seems like the only thing she does. I tried watching some of the twilight movies before, but they were really boring to me. I mostly just watched the parts with the wolves cuz the wolves looked kinda cool. Tho I don't really like movies where vampires sparkle. Blade is way better for vampire type stuff, or that dracula 2000 movie er something.

I don't really know if Megan Fox is that much better of an actress but at least she smiles a lot, and she did good in Transformers, but that other movie I saw her in she did not really stand out. Man, can't even think of the name of the movie...something based on a comic book and she was a hired girl/saloon girl type thing. Oh, plus she was good in that eminem music vid for love the way u lie. I kept hoping that the vid for that song was clips from a movie but then it turned out it wasn't :(

Wow, coming back and reading my old post makes me feel bad. Musta been male PMS. Ms. Stewart I sincerely apologize (that'd be haliarous if someone of importance read our ega posts!) for my hurtful words. You're a fine human being and have done nothing malicious towards me I had no right to verbally attack. I did enjoy the twilight series and I even supported it by buying my gay friend a team edward hair brush (not even making that part up).

It is sweet of u to apologize to her, but I don't think in reality that she would be very upset. If a few ppl don't like ur looks er acting er whatever, I doubt it bothers her much when so many ppl love her looks and acting. In reality, different ppl are going to have different tastes. And when u r only showing ppl looks er acting then that is all they have to go off of, and all that they can judge u based on. I have had it happen on sites where I had photo galleries up. Always a few pplcome onthere and say u lookugly or like a guy er something like that. But for every one that says I look bad there are like 200 er more saying the opposite, so it is not a very big deal in the overall picture. But as for u personally, if u are concerned about coming across in a sensitive understanding manner, then I would say ur apology was really sweet, and maybe if she reads it, it will make her feel better. :)

----
I rewatched Avengers yesterday and kids saw it for first time.

This isn't a movie, it's a tv series...but I recently started watching a show called Haven (from season one online) It is fairly interesting bout an fbi agent in a weird town where people have powers. Kinda xfiley tho not as good as that. Not as interesting as Grimm er Teen Wolf er U.S. version of being human...but still pretty good so far.

Status
Closed