Nintendo Conference...TONIGHT! 1130pm central!

i bet like the site says is just for announcing the new DS.... but if they got extra info on fire emblem Shin Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no ken or Wario land shake it, i would be ok with it.
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
Not wasting any time Nintendo has announced the new DS, called the "Nintendo DSi". Iwata says the goal is to have "one DS for one family". The specs for the new Nintendo DSi are announced: The new unit looks almost exactly like the existing DS Lite, but it's some 12 percent thinner, partly because it doesn't have a GBA cartridge slot. The screens are also slightly larger, at 3.25 inches, and there are two cameras, at least one of which is VGA res.
 
Dec 2005
15,155
Fraser, Michigan
Away with the GBA slot... :-\

It didn't need to get any smaller. I like the size of the current DS Lites. I guess I'll just pick one of them up then instead of waiting for this one.
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
It will be released November 1st in Japan at $189.99

The rest of the world will see this in early 2009.

http://kotaku.com/5057870/nintendo-announce-new-ds-the-nintendo-dsi
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
hmm...

Very interesting... it will have a storage solution as well.

I think I will get it to try it out at least.

What do you all think so far? I think it's a little lacking considering the hype put behind it... I was looking for a little more OOmph... and a little more all in one. This could be a good thing though, and I'd like to see it at the very least.
I know it's more of a gimmick... but editing pics and messing with them on the DS would be kinda cool (at least for a little bit)

Hopefuly we will get more news on this soon.

†B†V† :hat
 
Dec 2005
15,155
Fraser, Michigan
I really like how they're doing the whole PSP/PS3 thing and letting you place Virtual Console games on your DS. I just don't like how they're doing away with the old DS Lite and replacing it with this one. There's nothing wrong with the one that's already out. :-\
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
Strubes said:
I really like how they're doing the whole PSP/PS3 thing and letting you place Virtual Console games on your DS. I just don't like how they're doing away with the old DS Lite and replacing it with this one. There's nothing wrong with the one that's already out. :-\
True... except once they start selling thing, people will get this rather than the lite (I would think at least).

I guess there are positives and negatives... but the positives are pretty goodwith this.

The screen is slightly larger, and I like that as well...

†B†V† :hat
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
Mii on DS in Lifestyle Rhythm Calculator software.

- Pedometer shown.

Games due out around launch: Valk Profile DS, Kirby (most likely SSU), Kyotaro, Rockman (most likely MMSF3), World Food, Phantasy Star Zero, Momotaro Dentetsu (RUMOR - Mario and Luigi 3)

- DSi presentation over

- DS and Wii connectivity title FFCC is being introduced.

- Trailer for DRAGON QUEST IX DS as well.
 
Dec 2005
15,155
Fraser, Michigan
Bluevoodu said:
True... except once they start selling thing, people will get this rather than the lite (I would think at least).

I guess there are positives and negatives... but the positives are pretty goodwith this.

The screen is slightly larger, and I like that as well...

†B†V† :hat
Everything's great. I just think they didn't need to cut the size down any more and remove the GBA slot. There's alot of cool GBA games out there.
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
They're going to start including a three-and-a-half minute demo movie called "Things You Can Do With Wii" with new Wii hardware, to get more people using the Internet features of Wii. They're releasing a (new?) Wii Wi-Fi Adapter. And if you, a Wii owner, help another Wii owner get connected with the Internet, they'll give you both a free 500 Wii Points in a new campaign.
 
Dec 2005
15,155
Fraser, Michigan
MegaDrive20XX said:
They're going to start including a three-and-a-half minute demo movie called "Things You Can Do With Wii" with new Wii hardware, to get more people using the Internet features of Wii. They're releasing a (new?) Wii Wi-Fi Adapter. And if you, a Wii owner, help another Wii owner get connected with the Internet, they'll give you both a free 500 Wii Points in a new campaign.
Hey, I passed that one along to you! :lol

Anyway, after I pick up a DS, I'm prooooobably going to get a Wii (third time's a charm right? Plus I don't wanna buy a Genesis, SNES, and NES and a bunch of games) during this campaign mode. Who wants to help me get connected with the internet and get a free 500 Wii Points? :)
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
WAIT... Phantasy Star Zero DS?

Any more information on that?!

Let's just say... I'm sold. Well... just as long as it somewhat as good as Phantasy Star Ep 1 and 2... and EVEN BETTER if it is online capable (I can't imagine it wouldn't be). IF IT IS... we'll have to get people together to play this :D

†B†V† :hat
 
Jan 2005
18,468
Waco, TX
@BV, yes PS Zero is just like PS Online, because it IS A prequel to PS Online actually!

BIG NEWS!

Punch Out and Sin & Punishment 2 announced for Wii. Another Code (Trace Memory on DS) announced for Wii.
 
Dec 2005
15,155
Fraser, Michigan
MegaDrive20XX said:
@BV, yes PS Zero is just like PS Online, because it IS A prequel to PS Online actually!

BIG NEWS!

Punch Out and Sin & Punishment 2 announced for Wii. Another Code (Trace Memory on DS) announced for Wii.
I have to say I saw Punch Out coming..but Sin & Punishment 2 could be pretty cool too.