Official Starcraft II Thread

I looked around the PC boards, this place really has been dead a while, there's no SC II thread. :p

So who here plays? I play as zerg I just started playing again yesterday after taking my first semester of college off. I'm currently stuck in bronze league. It's getting kind of boring, you can just 15 hatch every time and just pump out lings or roaches until you win. I miss being a really low level gold player! :lol

Also, does anyone follow the competitive scene? I may not have played Starcraft at college, but I had a close eye on MLG Providence.

Jun 2004
Indiana
Competitive is so fierce some times. I pretty much have just stuck to the Nexus Wars mod. I've gotten good enough on that one mod that I have about 380 wins to 150 losses. I have played some 4v4 and 3v3 games teaming with Bluevoodu, MasterMario, and SpartanEvolved, seem to win about half the time on a good night though.

May 2004
Indiana
Gah, ling rushes are so frustrating. Thats the only reason I dont play more than I do. It's just super hard to counter a good ling rush sometimes.

I prefer my void ray rush myself. :lol Used to be more effective than it is now though, sadly.

Still haven't touched the campaign, although I could be super bored over the next few weeks, so who knows? :p

I swear there was a SCII thread. If I find it, I'll merge. *EDIT: eh, they were all too old, we'll keep this one how it is :)*

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I have but just don't play it. I am horrible at it. I do pay attention to the competitive side of things. I love watching Day9's dailies.
I watch Day9 occasionally. I prefer straight up casts but it's interesting to get deep into the strategy sometimes. I usually watch Husky's casts and mlg if I'm free the weekend it's on. I basically cheer for every zerg except idra (too bm and he always quits halfway through). Watching nestea play is actually just amazing.

mastermario said:
Gah, ling rushes are so frustrating. Thats the only reason I dont play more than I do. It's just super hard to counter a good ling rush sometimes.
Losing to 6/7/10 pools definitely sucks. I know what I'm supposed to do to stop them, I just can't actually do it anymore lol.

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I prefer watching Day9 and DJWheat for casting. The 2 of them mix so well together.
Tasteless and Artosis are the best IMO, but they cast GSL and I don't pay to watch GSL matches. I always watch their stream when they cast MLG, but if I just want to watch casts uploaded to Youtube, Husky is the best I've found by far. He's actually pretty good with Day9 too.

Well Tasteless is also amazing as well. But that's to be expected of Day9's brother.

I prefer watching the streams live. Watching on youtube is alright but it kinda takes half the fun from it. I just wish that SC events didn't take place during Fighting Game Tournaments.

Jun 2004
Indiana
mastermario said:
Still haven't touched the campaign, although I could be super bored over the next few weeks, so who knows? :p
Campaign feels like Brood War HD with additional units rather than like Starcraft II multiplayer. It is Starcraft, but is NOTHING like online play.

I was fairly frustrated with the differences between campaign and versus play. The differences in units, upgrades, and strategies really made me feel like playing campaign made me a noob when trying to play versus because they are so drastically different.

Grindspine said:
Campaign feels like Brood War HD with additional units rather than like Starcraft II multiplayer. It is Starcraft, but is NOTHING like online play.

I was fairly frustrated with the differences between campaign and versus play. The differences in units, upgrades, and strategies really made me feel like playing campaign made me a noob when trying to play versus because they are so drastically different.
I didn't even bother with the campaign. I played maybe five missions before I got pretty bored. RTS campaigns are never great IMO.

Jun 2004
Indiana
mastermario said:
Although I thought they nerfed my void ray rushing through updates, I was able to go 5-4 today (couldve easily been 7-2) and place into a Gold league. So I'm content. :p
LMK if you want to hit some SC2, L4D2, CSS, or TF2 today.

Hey all! I used to play a whole lot of SC 2 (add me sometime drsillypants #587), but haven't in many months what with the new Zelda and Star Wars games coming out and all. But if anyone ever wants to get some games together, I'd still be up for it. I mostly played ladder, but I'm sure some of the customs are fun too.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Johngamer said:
Hey all! I used to play a whole lot of SC 2 (add me sometime drsillypants #587), but haven't in many months what with the new Zelda and Star Wars games coming out and all. But if anyone ever wants to get some games together, I'd still be up for it. I mostly played ladder, but I'm sure some of the customs are fun too.
I added you to my friends list. I'm Bluevoodu :)

We need to play!

†B†V† :hat

May 2004
Indiana
Johngamer said:
Wow! Welcome back man! Long time no see! :)

A bunch of us here play SC2 online, we need to set something up!