Playstation 4...the future is coming

Apr 2006
Michigan
As I'm sure most of you are aware Sony is having a get together on Feb 20th to (rumor but just about 100% positive) reveal the Next Gen system. I grew up as a Sony hater never owning a PS1 or PS2 and only bought a PS3 for a Blu Ray player 5 years ago. I fell in love. Really excited to see just what Sony has in plan for us. Thoughts?

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
I am a little excited. I ONLY got my PS3 this last Christmas season. Prior to that, my PS2 had nearly daily use from 2005-2012. Before that I used to use my roommate's PS2 back to 2001, and PS1 all the way back to 1998.

I am a little excited, but I have been waiting 'til later in a console's life to get one anymore.

I am curious how it'll compare in functionality to the Wii U considering that I have already heard mention of the Vita being used like the Wii U's screen controller.

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I'm excited but necessarily because it's a new console. I'm excited because it should help with ports to PC. Now that the PS4 is basically a mid-range PC, games should be able to take advantage of even higher-end hardware on the PC side. That's what excites me the most.

There are rumors about how it handles used games and all that, so until that gets resolved, I can't really say that I'm looking forward to it as a console.