Post your desktop.

Feb 2007
Kentucky, US
Here is a pic of my desktop. This is a picture of my wife when she was very young. This is always on my desktop computer. I use SuSE Linux 10.0.

I use a few widgets. I love the clock with its second hand moving around the face. It has the function and appearance of a real wall clock.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Fr0dus Maximus said:
What distro that symbol looks like Slackware

EDIT: Not Slackware... Noppix.
It is "Ubuntu 7.10". I absolutely love it. It is extremely fast, stable and easy to use. I mainly am using it for Blender 3D, GIMP, Python, and other graphic programs since it's so much less resource hungry then XP. Actually, if I didn't need XP for games I wouldn't use it at all :p

Jul 2007
x2 said:
It is "Ubuntu 7.10". I absolutely love it. It is extremely fast, stable and easy to use. I mainly am using it for Blender 3D, GIMP, Python, and other graphic programs since it's so much less resource hungry then XP. Actually, if I didn't need XP for games I wouldn't use it at all :p
Personally I use Knoppix (spelt it wrong last time) and Debian. Knoppix is actually decent running games.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Fr0dus Maximus said:
Personally I use Knoppix (spelt it wrong last time) and Debian. Knoppix is actually decent running games.
With WINE, right? I got a few games to run under WINE, but I had a driver issue {had an unsupported ATI Card} so they ran like crap. I have an Nvidia card on the way which should fix the problem. How are Knoppix and Debian? I have only tried Ubuntu and Mandriva 2008. I was not too fond of Mandriva, but that may just be because I am so used to Ubuntu.

Jul 2007
Yea with WINE.

Debian is probably the one to use if you are really advanced at using Linux. Knoppix is kinda like... hrmm can't really describe it XD. It's kinda like Ubuntu with gaming.

KirbyRockz

Forum Staff
May 2004
Texas
Old topic bump!

Yeah, I kinda have a lot of stuff running... which can't be good for the tiny amount of RAM... but yeah.

KirbyRockz

Forum Staff
May 2004
Texas
x2 said:
I also use VLC player, it's excellent. Plays everything and anything I have ever thrown at it.
Yes! Glad I'm not the only one here. :D I especially love how it has its own built-in DVD "decoder", which is good because XP doesn't come with one. I can't play DVDs in WMP, but I can play them in VLC (and I can skip through things that are normally locked -- bye bye, previews!)