PSP Vita - Who is digging this? Who wants to purchase?

Jul 2007
7,662
Bluevoodu said:
Are they supposed to combine Vita and PS3 online? It would be cool if it was the exact same service... and kept track of your trophies together as a collective. However, it would ALSO be cool if they distinguished what system the trophies came from (in the collective group)

†B†V† :hat
They are doing that. Except distinguishing between the two. I also heard you can only have your PSN ID linked to a single portable.

Zidart said:
They totally ruined fighting games for me though I rather have a separate screen for shortcuts instead of touching the screen itself X_X.
I want no shortcuts. We don't need no more baby games anymore.
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
Fr0dus Maximus said:
They are doing that. Except distinguishing between the two. I also heard you can only have your PSN ID linked to a single portable.

/quote]

That kind-of stinks. They should make it linked between multiple devices. consoles are generally more restrictive about what can be done though...

Starrynite said:
I think Im most excited for BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend...since it also has the story of Calamity Trigger, I can finally get the whole story.
Hm... this sounds cool. I have Continuum for the Playstation 3... I didn't get into it like I thought I would. I need to give it a shot.

Uncharted for PS Vita looks really good right now... I can't wait to see Resistance.
 
Mar 2007
7,776
Japan
I think Persona 4: The Golden and the new Uncharted make me wanna get a PSVita. I think I'll buy one when it gets cheaper several years down the line.
 
Mar 2007
7,776
Japan
Um....actually, I think I changed my mind. I was describing to my Dad how the PSVita works, why it's different than the PSP, and if it would be my handheld console of choice. I think I just talked myself into getting one. Dangit! :lol
 

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
10,541
Georgia
If I end up getting one it will definitely be later, when it goes down in price. And when the memory cards go down in price as well. I was looking out of curiosity the other day and I think the cheapest one was $30. :eek:
 

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
8,545
Los Angeles, CA
It's been reported that the first batch comes with a free memory card. Right now, only Amazon has actually advertised it but it's looking like its all retailers.

Still quite a bit expensive though.
 

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
10,541
Georgia
I was going to say something here and then realized I know pretty much nothing about the PS Vita, so I'm gonna not say anything instead. :lol Maybe I'll actually do some research and then come back.
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
GamingMaiden said:
Um....actually, I think I changed my mind. I was describing to my Dad how the PSVita works, why it's different than the PSP, and if it would be my handheld console of choice. I think I just talked myself into getting one. Dangit! :lol
:lol Welcome :D

I still haven't convinced myself to put money down on one yet....... .. . . I want to get one of the early editions to get the system early.

BV :hat
 
Jan 2012
257
georgia, usa
Starrynite said:
I think I should be getting it thanks to release right in the midst of the income tax return season, cant wait.
Do you think they planned it like that? I played one in gamestop the other day and I thought it was a lot of fun. I sampled the modnation racers demo. It was quite nice. I'll probably get one in the future, but my issue is that I get bored with handhelds pretty fast. But when I was holding it.......it just felt right.
 

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
13,180
Indiana
jr_mcg said:
Do you think they planned it like that? I played one in gamestop the other day and I thought it was a lot of fun. I sampled the modnation racers demo. It was quite nice. I'll probably get one in the future, but my issue is that I get bored with handhelds pretty fast. But when I was holding it.......it just felt right.
IF they did.. they are smart :lol take that tax money and RUUUNNNNNN.

retro junkie said:
Not going to happen for me until a price drop. There is plenty of time until that happens. Until then I am presently working toward a 3DS. :D
I hear you... I started debating this again. I want to buy it... but then again, I have a lot that I'd rather do with a few hundred right now.

BV :hat
 
Feb 2009
523
United States
So will this require a memory card? Just certain games……what?

'Cause if it does require one… that's……
You only get a free memory card with it if you buy the $350 bundle or the $300 3G version. That is… really, really, stupid. So what, I have to pay $250 AND buy a $40-$50 memory card?? I'm really mad at Sony. This is so ridiculous.

I really don't think I'll get one anymore if it's going to require one and I can't get one for free with the $250 version.

My sister and I would be sharing it and we'd need two memory cards to change PSN accounts (if needed) so I was hoping we'd get one for free. I didn't even want to get another memory card to have two. Now I'll be forced to if I even want to USE it? That's messed up.
 

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
8,545
Los Angeles, CA
jr_mcg said:
Don't cancel it. Everything else can wait.
Unfortunately, it can't. I seriously did not want to, but it had to be done. :(

Icyguy said:
So will this require a memory card? Just certain games……what?

'Cause if it does require one… that's……
You only get a free memory card with it if you buy the $350 bundle or the $300 3G version. That is… really, really, stupid. So what, I have to pay $250 AND buy a $40-$50 memory card?? I'm really mad at Sony. This is so ridiculous.

I really don't think I'll get one anymore if it's going to require one and I can't get one for free with the $250 version.
Sources? Last I heard, the $300 is the Wi-Fi only version and the $350 is the 3G version. I have not heard of a $250 version.