Recent Steam buys

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - So far this is an awesome platformer with immersive graphics, an interesting control scheme, and great soundtrack. I am glad the game is fairly forgiving on deaths and quickly starts you at the most recent save point--I have missed more than a few jumps.

Unmechanical - This is a slower paced puzzle side-scroller. I have not gotten far into it, but the graphics are great, control is adequate if not simple. It seems pretty interesting so far.

Doom 3 (upgrade to BFG edition) - I have been looking for an excuse to play Doom 3 through again. The graphics are much smoother than the original PC version or the old Xbox version. The armor mounted flashlight should make shooting dark corners easier. Granted, I always thought that making a choice between weapon and flashlight added to the peril of the game.

Torchlight II - It's Torchlight with multi-player! I have only played engineer so far, but am enjoying crushing monsters with an ember socketed sparking hammer! I am really hoping this game picks up where Diablo II left off.

DOTA 2 - I finally got into the DOTA 2 beta! I'll have to let you all know how it goes!

Jul 2004
Bmount
torchlight2 and dota2 were gifted to me and i've yet to play. I'll prolly never touch dota because i suck at lol and the flame you get from sucking in lol is a kiss from an angel compared to that in dota but i'm down for torchlight 2 anytime you wanna play.... unless the kids are unruly, or i've got homework, or i'm at work, or studying, ok so i'll never get to play it but if I do we should play!

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
targetrasp said:
torchlight2 and dota2 were gifted to me and i've yet to play. I'll prolly never touch dota because i suck at lol and the flame you get from sucking in lol is a kiss from an angel compared to that in dota but i'm down for torchlight 2 anytime you wanna play.... unless the kids are unruly, or i've got homework, or i'm at work, or studying, ok so i'll never get to play it but if I do we should play!
I know I have some homework to submit by Thursday night as well. Other than that, I am free to play some in the evenings. I am usually on Steam when I am home from work.

Grindspine said:
Doom 3 (upgrade to BFG edition) - I have been looking for an excuse to play Doom 3 through again. The graphics are much smoother than the original PC version or the old Xbox version. The armor mounted flashlight should make shooting dark corners easier. Granted, I always thought that making a choice between weapon and flashlight added to the peril of the game.
I wanted to update that id Games did an AWESOME job with the armor mounted flashlight. Though I do still miss having to bludgeon zombies in the dark with the back end of the flashlight, I like that the armor mounted light has limited battery life, but recharges quickly. It still forces you to go without light for short periods of time, which is awesome for the, "AHHH WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!" factor.

Jul 2004
Bmount
Steam Holiday Sale is in full swing once again and I've already spent too much...

Unmechanical
Batman
Boarderlands 2
Darksiders 1 and 2 package deal

still shopping................

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
I tried to hold back on Steam/PC games since I just got a PS3. I did, however, get Dead Island for only $6.79. Gotta have some zombies!

Feb 2009
United States
I think I've spent a combined $150+ on Steam's sales this year... loads of gifts for friends and games for myself, too.

I'll have to compile a list of everything I got sometime, haha. :lol

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
I got my last game of this Steam sale, The Witcher at 75% off, for $2.49. I could buy the Witcher 2, but figure I should make time to beat the first one, then watch for the second to go on sale again.

I also held off on The Walking Dead, since I want to give Dead Island a try first.

Besides those, I am making time for school, work, girlfriend, pet ratties, aquariums, guitar, Playstation 3 games, and hopefully some skateboarding this spring.

I kinda feel like I need to upgrade my PC a bit before tackling some of the games I have. The only downside is that my GTX460 is probably hitting a bottleneck with the Core 2 Duo and DDR2 memory, so it would be a full motherboard or full PC upgrade needed.

Anyhow, in summary:
I got Doom 3 BFG, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Unmechanical, and Torchlight 2 during the fall sale.

Red Faction: Armageddon, Saints Row: The Third, Company of Heroes, Metro 2033, and Retro City Rampage gifts I received.

I bought two copies of Giana Sisters and one of Torchlight II as gifts for friends.

I bought Dead Island and The Witcher for myself at a huge markdown price.

I have A LOT of games to play over the next year!

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
Unmechanical last night; the game has some interesting, yet difficult puzzles to solve. There is little in the way of clues on how to solve the puzzles. It is definitely amazing in terms of graphics and sound!

Never played Dota. Played Lol but Dota looks completely different...

Anyway, I got
Bioshock 2
CIV 3 and up
Crusader Kings 2
Both Batman games
Age of Empirse 3 complete
Magicka Complete
The Witcher 2 Complete

good haul for christmas I would say.

Jul 2004
Bmount
I made it out of this sale spending just south of 100 bucks. I bought my daughter a few games but I grabbed a lot of rpgs. I wanted a lot more but I restrained, I've got so many games i've not played that much to start with, and I still can't stop playing terraria.