Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for DS

GamingMaiden said:
I did but I sold it because I was crazy. Long story short, wanted PSP, didn't get it, now I regret it. Maybe I'll get a Ds for my upcoming birthday.^^
Dawrven vow number 8 : Never sell a videogame console, you might buy it again xD

Dawrven vow number 7 : Goodness and love will always win

Dawrven vow numver 9 : Buy an Atlus game before they become extremely rare

GamingMaiden said:
I did but I sold it because I was crazy. Long story short, wanted PSP, didn't get it, now I regret it. Maybe I'll get a Ds for my upcoming birthday.^^
Do not feel bad. I have sold MANY things I now regret. Sold a GBA SP, Xbox, PS2, gaming PC, tons of good games, etc...I got most of it back by now, but I lost a lot of $ in the long run. It happens :)

Hey has anybody picked this up? It's getting rave reviews across the board. I've yet to see a negative one. Seems like a great game for $27. If I wasn't buying DQV I'd be getting it.

i got it and i gotta say those reviews are right indeed, the game is a good mix of strategy and a true SMT game. I thought that due to the T rating the story was going to be a bit less dark than other SMT games but it is not the case (sure there's less nudity and cussing but i don't think i'll miss that), the game always creates situations to put me on the edge of my seat, and the characters all have unique personalities.

though the AI is dumb as heck, the game has a medium difficulty level, not to hard not too easy. However what makes the system work so well is the sheer amount of options to make your party the way you want it to be.

Human characters (demon tamers) can equip any skill they obtained from a database (if they meet the requirements to use said skill) and since a skill can only be equipped on one human at a time there will not be "sameness disease" issues (example: agi is equipped on the hero, to let yuzu use Agi she has to take it away from the hero).

there's also a big emphasis on decisions, sometimes 2 or more events might occur at the same time and you have to pick for only one of them, apparently there are different endings so the route you choose probably has an effect on that (most of the time the other events don't disappear, and that's my only complaint so far about the game, they don't warn you when the other events will go away and when they will stay for a longer period of time)

right now i am on the third day of the game, and enjoying it.