Shin Megami Tensei: DEVIL SURVIVOR Over Clock for 3DS!

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is one of the best unsung RPGs on Nintendo's current-gen handheld -- which might have something to do with the fact that it's not the easiest game to find in stores. Fortunately, our chances of getting the hands on the game will likely improve later this year, when Atlus releases Devil Survivor Over Clock, a 3DS update of the original 2009 title, in Japan.

In addition to a couple of extra titular words and a third dimension, Over Clock will expand the game's seven-day-long plotline by an additional day. This extra 24-hour period includes 20 new summonable demons, new maps and additional difficulties. The game will also now be fully voiced this time around, which should make some of its more over-the-top dialogue infinitely more entertaining. An Atlus representative remained tight-lipped when we asked about the game's U.S. release plans, but we've got our fingers crossed for news on the horizon.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/05/shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-getting-a-3ds-remake/

Nov 2007
Devil Survivor was a great little strategy RPG, but I have a few suggestions on this port. If their goal is to reach a new audience, and therefore attempt to sell more copies than their first effort, then they should work on toning down the difficulty.

The other stuff, the extra day, the new monsters (which hopefully aren't just pallet swaps, because that game had some really cool demons in it), all that stuff will be cool for fans who already own or who have played it on the DS. But the folly there is stated in the previous sentence (they already have it or have played it), and while, yes, some people are just fine buying essentially the same thing twice, that's because it's familiar.

That game was great, but there were some CHEAP missions. A new selectable difficulty would help them to reach a new audience. Also, though it may be far-fetched, a multiplayer mode would be a cool idea. Hey, they're doing it for Catherine.

Captainlunchbox said:
Devil Survivor was a great little strategy RPG, but I have a few suggestions on this port. If their goal is to reach a new audience, and therefore attempt to sell more copies than their first effort, then they should work on toning down the difficulty.

The other stuff, the extra day, the new monsters (which hopefully aren't just pallet swaps, because that game had some really cool demons in it), all that stuff will be cool for fans who already own or who have played it on the DS. But the folly there is stated in the previous sentence (they already have it or have played it), and while, yes, some people are just fine buying essentially the same thing twice, that's because it's familiar.

That game was great, but there were some CHEAP missions. A new selectable difficulty would help them to reach a new audience. Also, though it may be far-fetched, a multiplayer mode would be a cool idea. Hey, they're doing it for Catherine.
Actually if they toned down the difficulty then it wouldn't be Shin Megami Tensei.... I for one am up for a challenge... besides technically speaking you could tone down the difficulty of the game if you knew what you were doing (like not taking the route that tells you to fight a crap load of strong demons on your first playthrough).

The reason why I am essentially buying this game yet again is because I loved it and i wanted more of it even if its a remake.... honestly this really feels more like a remake than a port to me because i feel that the changes they have mentioned do enhance the game itself (i can love a game without voice acting...but with voice acting i can love it even more)

Besides for once the focus is not adding 3D but adding all sorts of new stuff and I like that.