Site updates coming: 2 Update Completed / Post problems with new features.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Alrighty... I am going to try to have a few of these things done before the New Year.

I can't promise, things are pretty busy... but I will keep everyone informed of the changes.
1.) Fix the black, game addiction, and neo geo cd templates.
2.) Might have a new template done.
3.) Fix default SMF theme to contain the same menu buttons as the Babylon (Forum default). DONE
4.) A new frontpage for the site, along with changes of layouts of some pages to conform to that layout.(This is the iffy one to be done before New Years).

A few Forum changes... I am keeping the ideas quiet for awhile. Initially ... there are 3 smaller change for now with more coming in the future.
1.) Spoiler Tags (UPDATED AS OF TODAY! Should be able to use it for all these).
In the editing buttons... next to the quote button, you will see a nuclear symbol. This is the spoiler tag. It works just like a quote. It won't allow anyone to see a spoiler until you click it.
It works like this:
Code:
[spoiler] Enter Spoiler Here
[/spoiler]

** Or with a Title on the Spoiler button**
[spoiler= TITLE] Enter Spoiler here
[/spoiler]
2.) SMF Arcade has now been added!! It is only available for the SMF default and babylon (forum default) themes at this time and settings are still being worked out.

there are a couple stipulations. To USE SMF arcade, you have to have a minimum of 20 posts... and 12 posts per day. I am adding these games and features up... but I am hoping that we get posts in return. The 12 will need to be outside Fun and games... and in the specific gaming sections.

I hope you all enjoy! There are a few games uploaded now... a lot more will be coming in the future.

3.)

Just giving you all a heads up.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Re: Site updates coming

Hinesmdc said:
how do you add on? is this site done in html?
Site pages... a lot I have designed in PHP / HTML / CSS.

As forAdd-ons to the forum... they tend to be developed mods.

We had a large add on in the works... I won't give info out on this because it cannot be done now due to a few software pieces. Once I find a solution to work with the forum, we'll have a rather cool add-on coming that I am paying to get developed. It exceeds my skills for writing code... by far :lol But due to the change in software status... it would have to be a bigger jump. It's a vague explanation, but it's the best I have for now.

@FHQ - because I am for the time being. :)

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana

fhqwhgads said:
Well, alright, but if they're not that big like you said, I don't see why you would.
because it's more fun coming to theboard one day with an annoucement "we now have such and such new features... enjoy." :D

Apr 2006
Wisconsin

Haha. BV likes to surprise us. I bet you like to peak in your Christmas packages FHQ? Lol. That is fun too, I bet, though I have never done that except once. lol

Mar 2007

mrs_enigma said:
Haha. BV likes to surprise us. I bet you like to peak in your Christmas packages FHQ? Lol. That is fun too, I bet, though I have never done that except once. lol
Lol, if I knew if they were here. We usually have Christmas at my aunt and uncle's, so odds are the presents are there.

But yes, I would enjoy peaking at my presents.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Re: Site updates coming: 1 Update Completed

You should be able to now :)

I didn't realize there are 2 permissions behind that to post and view them.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Re: Site updates coming: 1 Update Completed

or
4-5 more things are on the way.

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Re: Site updates coming: 1 Update Completed / Post problems with new features.

I was actually about to suggest this spoiler tag since I've been seeing it on other boards as well. Nice BV, nice.

SWEET. Except it only seems to work with the main theme it seems.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana

CreepinDeth said:
I was actually about to suggest this spoiler tag since I've been seeing it on other boards as well. Nice BV, nice.

SWEET. Except it only seems to work with the main theme it seems.
It may not work with Black, Neogeocd, Ezboard, and Game Addiction
Can someone test those?

I tested it with babylon (forum default), and SMF default so far.

Also, please test it on the YABBSE template... if someone can help with that please.

Thanks,

Feb 2005
Michigan

spoilers
spoilers
Spoilers
Spoilers

I'll edit with other layouts.

None of the other layouts have the button, but typing them in works just fine.

Jan 2007

aleeock157 said:
spoilers
spoilers
Spoilers
how do they make those?

oh nvm

im using Game Addiction theme

and i'm not changing

so make them work please :D