Sega Dreamcast So what do you think of the Dreamcast?

What does everyone think about the Dreamcast? Personally, it is one of my favorite systems. I have not found another system (even the arcade) that can play Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur as good as the Dreamcast. Whenever I have friends over, it is definitely a favorite.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Honestly, I think the dreamcast is a good system, but like the PS2.... I feel it has a bunch of rubbish.

I do like the Sega Fishing games, Virtua Tennis, Giga Wing 1 and 2, and more on the system!
it definitely has some quality titles.

I do wish we were back in the time when it was just Sega Vs Nintendo...... as the main front runners that is.

†B†V† :hat

Jun 2004
Brandon, FL
Dreamcast will still be with me! I just can't stop with the games! I really wanted to play it online as well but never got the chance. Dreamcast should be in the top 5 of consoles of all time! I think they should of had more games though... :-\

Jun 2004
Asia
They had lots of games.....

I don't know if I necessarily agree that it OR the PS2 has "alot of rubbish".

I think Blue is a bit :crazy

Undervalued console....I think the problem was it didn't really have any huge breakout hits like Sony had with Final Fantasy or Nintendo had with Zelda/Mario

For its time, it was a sweet little machine.

Jul 2004
USA
The Dreamcast is prolly my 2nd fav system. The sheer amount of 2D games it has it worth the price of admission, all the great capcom and SNK ports, not to mention all the excellent shooters. The system still gets alot of play by me and my friends.

The problem with the DC I think is that the vast majority of the best games were Japanese only, and that kinda hurt it a bit, not to mention the fact that it was uber easy to pirate dreamcast games, and the system had almost no copy protection at all...this hurt it as well.

These days I think DC is still just as good as ever, actually better! With all the cool homebrew and Emulations you can play on it, not to mention mpeg players, mp3 players, vcd players...this system sure can do alot!

Anyways thats my take on it. I love teh DC

Jul 2004
Bmount
I really enjoy the Dreamcast and wish it would have been able to compete in the 128 bit battle royal a lot longer than it did. As far as being a console worth keeping around the only thing keeping it afloat in my book is skies of arcadia and grandia..... Shooter wise I'd rather play some of the TG-16 shooters as apposed to what was offered on the dreamcast. Virtual Tennis is awesome and a lot of the 2k... sports games were fun but you can find similar games on pretty much everything else. I really love the system though and I'm still trying to give it a chance game wise but I think I'm running out of games to try.

Jun 2004
the sun
i highly doubt that. it's way past its expiration date. it was died out, not gave way to another system. why wouldn't they just make the game for a better company
ahh, virtua tennis, the memories

Jul 2004
Bmount
last i heard sega won't make another system and have stopped game support on their old systems totally... all they are now is a 3rd party developer.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
targetrasp said:
last i heard sega won't make another system and have stopped game support on their old systems totally... all they are now is a 3rd party developer.
not only that.... but they aren't really Sega anymore.... they are Sega-Sammy Holdings or something like that.

†B†V† :hat

creepindeth04

Forum Staff
Oct 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Sonic adv. was great until I passed the first level. I really wish the game was more of that level because it had that old school sonic feel to it. It had the speed and the platforming. I didnt really like roaming around the city too much.

Mar 2005
kansas
my dreamcast got a lot of use. i loved the 2k series. while i am thinking about it i could have very well turned into a sega fanboy. because i was basically falling in love with my dreamcast and learning about sega and it's characters and so on and then the ps2 came out and crashed it. so i was wondering what all the hype was about and got a ps2. man my life was drastically changed forever... ahhhhh .. oh well