STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN Thread (Capcom edition)

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
I'm a huge fan of Tekken, not so big on Street Fighter...

Seeing Kazuya reminds me that last time BV and I played some Tekken 6, we played about 70 games in a row as Kazuya (Bluevoodu) vs. Devil Jin (me). I think I had 46 wins to his 24. ^_^

Of course, Yoshimitsu and Asuka are probably my strongest characters in Tekken 6.

Jul 2007
Re: STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN

So the game comes out on March 6th.

This game is going to be the best fighting game since Third Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2.

Gunna be maining Asuka and Lili. Still upset that Karin isn't in the game.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Grindspine said:
I'm a huge fan of Tekken, not so big on Street Fighter...

Seeing Kazuya reminds me that last time BV and I played some Tekken 6, we played about 70 games in a row as Kazuya (Bluevoodu) vs. Devil Jin (me). I think I had 46 wins to his 24. ^_^

Of course, Yoshimitsu and Asuka are probably my strongest characters in Tekken 6.
what about the time we played like 104 rounds... :lol That was insane.

I think I would like the Tekken edition better... but maybe i'll get the capcom edition... I'm torn.

Are you all getting the Capcom edition?

I can't wait for this game though.... it's going to be awesome!!

BV :hat

Jun 2004
Brandon, FL

I wanna know how the buttons are gonna be mapped and how Tekken characters are gonna have super combos? Can't wait.

Fr0dus Maximus said:
So the game comes out on March 6th.

This game is going to be the best fighting game since Third Strike and Capcom vs SNK 2.

Gunna be maining Asuka and Lili. Still upset that Karin isn't in the game.
Street Fighter 3rd Strike isn't a crossover, so you can't compare it to other crossover games.

Jul 2007

Bman409 said:
I wanna know how the buttons are gonna be mapped and how Tekken characters are gonna have super combos? Can't wait.

Street Fighter 3rd Strike isn't a crossover, so you can't compare it to other crossover games.
Buttons are like SF4. Grab is lk+lp, Tag is mk+mp, and raw launcher is hk+hp.

But 3rd Strike is still is a fighting game. And I'm saying this is gunna be the best fighter since 3S and CVS2, which were the last true great fighting games, aside from KoFXIII.

Jun 2004
Brandon, FL

Fr0dus Maximus said:

But 3rd Strike is still is a fighting game. And I'm saying this is gunna be the best fighter since 3S and CVS2, which were the last true great fighting games, aside from KoFXIII.
I see.. what do you mean "raw launcher"? Why need 2 buttons to do a launch? Sounds a bit dumb to me.

I never really got into 3rd Strike, was a bit TOO slow paced for me and not a lot of characters were offered. CvS2 I own and played, wasn't the best at it but it's a solid game. The last KoF I played was either '98 or '99, I fell off of it after that.

Jul 2007

Bman409 said:
I see.. what do you mean "raw launcher"? Why need 2 buttons to do a launch? Sounds a bit dumb to me.
In SFxT the raw launcher is a way to punish unsafe moves and it makes the lower body invincible. If it connects it tags in your partner.

Jul 2009
California

I was real excited about this game up until I heard that the console versions aren't going to have 12 characters. That put me off.

Fr0dus Maximus said:

Woah dude, don't go forgetting Virtua Fighter.

Snatcher_L said:
I was real excited about this game up until I heard that the console versions aren't going to have 12 characters. That put me off.
Woah dude, don't go forgetting Virtua Fighter.
that's actually what is pissing me off right now... because 2 of those characters are ones I'd main faster than the speed of light (Elena and Dudley) they better be released as DLC for the console version >_>

Fr0dus Maximus said:
They are pretty much confirmed as DLC. You have to realize that SFxT on the Vita isn't coming out till the fall.
hopefully. That's why I still have my pre-order there ready to pick it up at midnight on monday.

But please Capcom...make my Dream team of Elena and Juri a reality >_> (hopefully they have synergy)

Jun 2004
Brandon, FL

Fr0dus Maximus said:
In SFxT the raw launcher is a way to punish unsafe moves and it makes the lower body invincible. If it connects it tags in your partner.
Must be new cause I never ever heard of "raw launch". Punish.. yeah I do that all the time.

Jul 2007

Bman409 said:
Must be new cause I never ever heard of "raw launch". Punish.. yeah I do that all the time.
Well in SFxT there is the cross rush launcher which is a magic series into a heavy after a heavy attack. The launcher and cross rush launcher tags in your partner to follow up.

Jun 2004
Brandon, FL

Fr0dus Maximus said:
Well in SFxT there is the cross rush launcher which is a magic series into a heavy after a heavy attack. The launcher and cross rush launcher tags in your partner to follow up.
When you say "cross rush launcher tags in your partner" are you talking about the whole ordeal they do on MvC3?

Bman409 said:
When you say "cross rush launcher tags in your partner" are you talking about the whole ordeal they do on MvC3?
when you use the cross launcher in SFXT (and it hits) the opponent will go into a juggle state and then your teammate will come in to continue the combo. The difference between this one nad MVC3's is that this launcher does not send the enemy flying into the air and the opponent has no way of countering the launcher once it hits.