Tales of Symphonia unofficial hype thread!

x2 said:
Quick question. I am confused about "EX skills". For one, where are the actual EX skills? It keeps saying I learned a new EX skill but I do not see where the actual skill is?
an EX skill are just new features you get in battle, they are like passive skills that develop your character but you don't have to activate them so they can work, you can see the EXskills in the Exgem menu where you can equi characters with new Ex skills.

my favorite EX skill is zelos' personal, when he speaks with girls he get's items or money

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Zidart said:
an EX skill are just new features you get in battle, they are like passive skills that develop your character but you don't have to activate them so they can work, you can see the EXskills in the Exgem menu where you can equi characters with new Ex skills.

my favorite EX skill is zelos' personal, when he speaks with girls he get's items or money
Hmm ok, I think I understand now. I don't see like actual skills in the exmenu, it just says stuff like "magical", "tough", "strong". Is that the Exgem menu?

Feb 2005
Michigan
Just got back into this game again, and I got past the part I was stuck on before!
I couldn't figure out how to get the gate pass for the H. Peak (can't remember how to spell it) after completing the water seal.
Yeah not really a big part to get stuck at, but I was stumped for weeks the first time I played it and I wanna try to get through a game without using a Faq/Walkthrough. (Last time I did was with Final Fantasy X).

Just got Sheena in my party as well. Anybody give me a hint to where I'm supposed to be going next to unlock the next seal? I went to the Tower of Mana and it said that I couldn't unlock the door.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
aleeock157 said:
Just got back into this game again, and I got past the part I was stuck on before!
I couldn't figure out how to get the gate pass for the H. Peak (can't remember how to spell it) after completing the water seal.
Yeah not really a big part to get stuck at, but I was stumped for weeks the first time I played it and I wanna try to get through a game without using a Faq/Walkthrough. (Last time I did was with Final Fantasy X).

Just got Sheena in my party as well. Anybody give me a hint to where I'm supposed to be going next to unlock the next seal? I went to the Tower of Mana and it said that I couldn't unlock the door.
I could be wrong on this, but try going to Lake Umacy.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Just beat the game at 93 hours :D All in all what a great game. I am already starting a new file to try and get a bunch of stuff I missed. My only real complaint about the game is
Mithos was a pushover for a final boss, didn't even die once.

x2 said:
Just beat the game at 93 hours :D All in all what a great game. I am already starting a new file to try and get a bunch of stuff I missed. My only real complaint about the game is
Mithos was a pushover for a final boss, didn't even die once.
he's not the hardest guy in the game trust me XD, abysson at the highest difficulty is quite a challenge

Mai Valentine said:
You have to get all the ....weapons. I forget what they are called. Zidart can probably tell you, though.
yeah you have to get certain dark weapons or whatever (i can't really remember their name) but once you get them all you just go to the bottom of the shadow temple.....for more info talk to abysson in the snow village (name i forgot)

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Mai Valentine said:
I want to say Flanoir, but I may be thinking of the snow city in Abyss. :lol
Nope, you are right, it is Flanoir :) I'm wondering if those dark weapons are in those weird treasure chests Genis never let me open? Another thing I missed was I never beat the exhibition match in the Coliseum. Oh well, gives me more stuff to do on my next play through.

Mar 2007
Japan
I like Tales of the Abyss. I get to play more tomorrow! ^_^

I started a comepletely new game. Redoing everything from scratch. And yet I get stuck in the Ymir Forest! XD