Tales of Tempest for DS, Prettiest RPG on DS by far??

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0602/game060228c2.shtml

Namco has pushed back the release date of the NDS RPG Tales of the Tempest from April 13, 2006 to June 8, 2006. The reason is to improve the quality of the game.

There are 5 protagonists: Caius Qualls, Rubia Natwick, Tilkis Barone, Forest Ledoyen and Arria Ekberg. The game will have a 3 on 3 Linear Motion Battle System, battles take place in 3D fields, characters can move and battle in 3 lines. It is possible to use skills, items and other battle operations directly on the touch panel with the stylus. The cooking system will have a new element, you can now use the touch panel to prepare the ingredients and cook the food.

Screenshots are quite impressive as well!

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Georgia
Lunar: Dragon Song was pretty bad, actually. I traded it without a second thought, and I love the Lunar series.

Tales of Tempest looks totally awesome though. And you know the Tales series is my favorite, so I will definitely get Tempest when it comes out in the US.

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Georgia
Lunar Silver Star Story (the first one) and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue are both truly awesome rpgs. I have both for the PS1 and they are complete, so they're worth a lot. But I wouldn't ever sell them.

KirbyRockz

Forum Staff
May 2004
Texas
Woah. Those graphics are amazing! Something I'd think of seeing on a major console!

I'm not the biggest RPG fan but now I'm going to be watching for this one.

Mar 2006
I think that if they port Diablo type of game to the ds the use of the touch screen would benefit greatly what do u all think.

Jan 2006
I guess if they made one for the portables it would probably do best on the DS

Tales of Tempest, looking mighty good, need to add it to my must have games for the DS

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
Namco announced its NDS RPG Tales of the Tempest will support multiple players over WiFi connection, this is the first in the Tales series. There will be multi player specific missions in the game, support 2 - 4 players simultaneously. Tales of the Tempest will be released in Japan on June 8, 2006.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm