The game disc could not be read?? Dave Mirra's BMX2

Feb 2009
United States
Hi, yesterday I received a game from amazon. The game is Dave Mirra's BMX2 or something and ever since I put it in the slot, I've had nothing but trouble, and constantly searching the internet for solutions. I turn the gamecube on and it does it's BIOS and gets through the logos and intro(s) and then the CD stops spinning and says "The game disc could not be read. Please refer to the GameCube instruction booklet." So I did, it didn't really help. I searched online. NOTHING works! I'll admit, it does have a lot of scratches. But I've had plenty of game discs like this one that work flawlessly. I've cleaned it and cleaned it. And I have cleaned the lenses/laser as much as possible. But still no avail. I really like this site and thought that maybe someone on here knows how to fix this? I didn't just register to ask this but to enjoy this forum. So if I get a fix I'll still hang around these forums. Thanks to anyone who can help!

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Scratches can be funny like that. Usually the culprit in these type of cases are circular scratches, they throw off the laser very easy. Best bet at this point is to try the toothpaste trick and if that doesn't do it bring it to Gamecrazy or another store that offers a buffing service {should only be about a buck or 2}. Good luck!

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
Icyguy said:
How do I do "the toothpaste trick"? :?

And what's a buffing service? :?
Heehe..

Thanks! Hope it works!
Icyguy
Well the toothpaste trick is a well known method of fixing discs. You simply rub toothpaste {gritty stuff, no gel} on your disc {not in a circular motion!} and then after a bit wash it off really good and a lot of the times it works. And buffing is a service that cleans your disc to basically brand new condition and is the best method if you don't mind paying for it.