The Longest Game You Have Ever Played?

Feb 2005
Michigan
Longest time spent on a game in general? Final Fantasy X, I got close to (if not over) 100 hours in that game. (I don't count WoW cause I have months clocked into one toon when i put in /played)

Longest time playing a game in one sitting? WoW, played it for 20 hours straight one day.

Jul 2004
USA
I put in over 200 hours on Morrowind when it first came out on Xbox. I never did finish every side quest either. I put in about 150 hours on the last one too, Oblivion, without ever starting the main quest at all!

255 hours put on The world ends with you but i probably put a lot more on super smash brothers brawl and Tales of symphonia/abyss.

but the longest "recorded" game i have ever played it is the world ends with you

Jan 2005
Waco, TX
Fallout 3. Nearly 195+ Hours with all the DLC. WoW I vouch for since I spent so much of a summer on it during 04' or 05' I believe. Left 4 Dead I tapped in over 205 Hours LOL

May 2010
Auburn, AL
Probably put the most hours in Oblivion and Dragon Quest VIII (though a lot of it on DQ VIII was metal king slime hunting/grinding). I've also put a lot of hours into Dragon Warrior Monsters II (GBC), and the original Tetris. As far as the length with regards to storyline, a couple of the Tales games maybe as mentioned above; working right now on Lost Odyssey, which is also supposed to be very long.

Jan 2008
Earth
Paka said:
Probably put the most hours in Oblivion and Dragon Quest VIII (though a lot of it on DQ VIII was metal king slime hunting/grinding). I've also put a lot of hours into Dragon Warrior Monsters II (GBC), and the original Tetris. As far as the length with regards to storyline, a couple of the Tales games maybe as mentioned above; working right now on Lost Odyssey, which is also supposed to be very long.
Paka,when you were fighting the Metal Slimes,what location did you choose?

Jan 2010
Northern AL
MegaDrive20XX said:
Fallout 3. Nearly 195+ Hours with all the DLC. WoW I vouch for since I spent so much of a summer on it during 04' or 05' I believe. Left 4 Dead I tapped in over 205 Hours LOL
256.8 on L4D according to Steam. ;)
I'm sure I've played Dark Cloud longer than any other game, but the longest game on record is Pokemon Leaf green. I have 285 hours on it. L4D2 in second, with 119 hours, and L4D in third with 110 hours.

May 2010
Auburn, AL
MR.KAZ said:
Paka,when you were fighting the Metal Slimes,what location did you choose?
Dragon Graveyard; run from all battles except ones with the Metal Kings. Best ones are where you have those Beelzebuzzes... keep them alive; they can cast that one spell to resurrect all defeated enemies sometimes. There are other places where you can get other types of metal monsters more frequently but from everything I've read it seems to be the best leveling spot.

Jan 2008
Earth
Paka said:
Dragon Graveyard; run from all battles except ones with the Metal Kings. Best ones are where you have those Beelzebuzzes... keep them alive; they can cast that one spell to resurrect all defeated enemies sometimes. There are other places where you can get other types of metal monsters more frequently but from everything I've read it seems to be the best leveling spot.
If you have flight power now,go to "Howlwind Hill".It's located right by a house in what looks like an autumn season area.(I'm not 100%)Up there you find an awesome weapon,plus every creature you fight is from the slime family.Metal Kings,Metal Slimes,Metal Babbles,every Slime in the Slime family is there.No other types of creatures.
If you have any questions just ask. :) Below is a link with the location.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/583527-dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/answers?qid=64223

Oct 2009
If I havent logged in over 200 hours in a pokemon game I might was well have not played it at all. I played FFXII for 100 hours just for the main quest, and The World Ends With You ive spent over 200 hours on both of my games.

mastermario

Forum Staff
May 2004
Indiana
I think the most time I've spent on a game would be Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 for the Gamecube. I logged a crap ton of hours on that game both online and off. Actually, BV and I still play it from time to time. :lol

The longest game I've played campaign-wise is probably Red Alert 3 for the 360. Spartan and I both bought it and played through all 3 campaigns on the hardest difficulty, and it took quite a while to get through.

x2

Jun 2004
Minnesota
It's gotta be Goldeneye for the N64. Between single and multi player, I cannot even imagine how many hours I've put in that game. As far as actual recorded time, I think it is FFX with somewhere around 180 hours.

Jan 2010
Northern AL
x2 said:
It's gotta be Goldeneye for the N64. Between single and multi player, I cannot even imagine how many hours I've put in that game. As far as actual recorded time, I think it is FFX with somewhere around 180 hours.
Did that game have a 2p VS?