The Official PS4 thread

Does this site have one of these. Well I know that Intel and IBM (Intel is nemesis of IBM for those living in barn) are building the PS4.

Cell Broadband Engine 2/3 16 SPE/2 PPE or 32 SPE/4 PPE before yeilding. Guessing the latter one is true.
XDR2 two or three times PS3
Intel Larabee GPU
Bluray 4-layers.
November 2011 release date
dual shock 4
Cross-Bar interface

Searches Google for Intel onboard.
www.t3.com/news/sony-denies-ps4-intel-gpu-rumour?=38046

I guess I have to rant about this console too. I'll make it short and sweet.

Quite frankly, I am sick of directX 9 graphics (open gl 2 is simular) and maybe due to being American (you would know) that I can go full price of PS4. I think everyone is sick of DirectX 9 graphics. It can be a lot better in 2009. It can be DirectX 11 for example. June 2009 is like 2005 for Xbox when Forza Motorsport came out and console died in November.

Jun 2004
Indiana
I would say Intel is the nemesis of AMD :p

But I agree, it is too soon. I think it would be nice to see the current console pushed to their limits before jumping to a new generation.

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
SpartanEvolved said:

But I agree, it is too soon. I think it would be nice to see the current console pushed to their limits before jumping to a new generation.
That's what I LOVED about the 16 bit era. The 8 bit era had reached its limits, thus, programmers were ready to push past those limits and explore what they could do with a 16 bit architecture. That's what made games during the transition between NES and SNES (and Genesis for that matter) so exceptional!

The PS2 has been around long enough that I think we've seen where it starts showing its limits. I wish that the product life of the original Xbox were a bit longer. As far as the current gen... The game libraries are (IMO) pretty small in comparison to last generation's total catelog of games... Like gee.. keep a console around for more than a year or two and get some use out of it!

Besides, without a new media format coming out (PS2 came out when DVD started to rise, PS3 arrived on the heels of Blu Ray), is there much of a reason for even mentioning a Playstation version four yet?

SpartanEvolved said:

You're weird. What is IBM's nemesis then? Skynet? Exterrestral (Roswell) quantium microchips? LOL.

Bring on the QuBits!

That's what made games during the transition between NES and SNES (and Genesis for that matter) so exceptional!
I am so glad I didn't play games during the early-mid 1990s. Waste of childhood ;) Anything predating Super Mario 64 and FFVII has got to be as primiative as a 'great gamer' can handle due to the revolutionary three-dimensional gameplay and some various upgrades to playability quality in 1997. 3D games like Croc and other 1995-1996 3D is way too old school. 2D for most games is even more old school...exceptions maybe are Marvel vs. Capcom 1/2, Castevania - Symphony of the Night, Arcana Hearts, etc.

Grindspine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
Indiana
Let's see how many gamers in your opinion can actually beat old school side scrolling shooters. :p

Even with "primative" graphics, games can be, and have been, challenging.

Jul 2007
renegadeviking said:
emulator cheats plugin, game genies, Gameshark, and Action Replays...we got them! I don't want too play 16-bit, but back in the day..American had game genies.
What does that have to do with anything?

Grindspine was not very nice to me...it BS.

Back to the main topic. Yeah, I could imagine a Playstation 4 Cell Broadband Engine with 2 quantium PPEs and 32 SPEs with Qubit modified XDRAM with on board C++ emulator programmed in Q programming language although developers could program for the Quantrum PPE directly with Q programming language. 64-qubits is all the juiced up Cell Broadband Engine sequel would need to turn that 1 Teraflop floating performance of CBE into 5 Teraflops floating performance. It's economically frendly now that there are 1024-qubit Quantum CPUs by D-Wave and IBM.