Whats So Good About PS3?

I'm not having a go at anyone and your free to leave your comments on this but why is PS3 so much better than the rest? i just dint see it. I'm sorry but i just dint think PS3 is that great that's all.

I like the PS2 dint get me wrong but Sony really let them selves down with the PS3. So feel free to leave me reasons why the PS3 is good and why you think that cause I'm just not convinced that the PS3 is that good.

So I'm asking, Convince me.

I, personally, think that the PS3 is not worth $400-$600, but, I will admit that the PS3 has futuristic graphics on some games. However, I believe the reason a lot of people are buying them nowdays, only want it for the graphics, or simly because its new.
Other than that, I got nothin.

What's so good about PS3?

Blu-ray. It's the least expensive and most feature-packed Blu-ray player on the market right now. With the addition of playing games, it makes the deal even sweeter.

RJ1022 said:
Why is blu-ray so great?
Holds more data than the average disc and HD-DVD. It holds nearly 50GB. Blu-Ray disc are almost virtually indestructable. They are 7 times thicker than any type of disc. Aside from that, thanks to the data capicity, you can take an entire 10 DVD set (Like the Matrix collection) and slap it unto 1 Blu-Ray Disc and even increase the video quality to 1080p or 1080i.

MissScyth said:
I'm not having a go at anyone and your free to leave your comments on this but why is PS3 so much better than the rest? i just dint see it. I'm sorry but i just dint think PS3 is that great that's all.

I like the PS2 dint get me wrong but Sony really let them selves down with the PS3. So feel free to leave me reasons why the PS3 is good and why you think that cause I'm just not convinced that the PS3 is that good.

So I'm asking, Convince me.
Well by the time you get a PS3, you'll be forced to play the reduced version. Meaning, it cannot play PS2 games. So please hold onto that PS2 just in case. Aside from that, the PS3 is quite superb. You do you know, that not only are you getting a gaming system, but more so a multimedia device? It can play Blu-ray DVD movies, normal DVD movies, PS3 games, and even some PS1 games. If it's hooked up with a PC near by (Via LAN of course) you can upload video and music files from your PC to the PS3 with ease.

Now I'm asking you, what kind of games do you like? This information I need in order to determine if the PS3 is right for you.

MegaDrive20XX said:
Holds more data than the average disc and HD-DVD. It holds nearly 50GB. Blu-Ray disc are almost virtually indestructable. They are 7 times thicker than any type of disc. Aside from that, thanks to the data capicity, you can take an entire 10 DVD set (Like the Matrix collection) and slap it unto 1 Blu-Ray Disc and even increase the video quality to 1080p or 1080i.
You sound like the adverisers when they invented Compact Discs....>_>

Um, it looks cool? Nah, Just kidding, I am not a PS3 hater...just not necessarily a PS3 lover either! I for one have yet to see anything on that console that would be worth buying for me. All the blu-ray and multimedia stuff means nadda to me....I just want good games, period. No backwards compatibility does not help either :-\

The games that are coming out are good enough. Haze, MGS4, Home, stuff on the PSN, LittleBigPlanet, Disgaea 3, GT5, Heavy Rain, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Resistance 2, SOCOM: Confrontation, Tekken 6, Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles, God of War III, inFamous, Final Fantasy XIII, and other JRPGs to boot is enough for anyone to purchase. Also it already has a decent enough library as it is. Blu-ray is an amazing add-on as well.

Fr0dus Maximus said:
The games that are coming out are good enough. Haze, MGS4, Home, stuff on the PSN, LittleBigPlanet, Disgaea 3, GT5, Heavy Rain, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Resistance 2, SOCOM: Confrontation, Tekken 6, Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles, God of War III, inFamous, Final Fantasy XIII, and other JRPGs to boot is enough for anyone to purchase. Also it already has a decent enough library as it is. Blu-ray is an amazing add-on as well.
Oh, yeah, I know the good games are coming! I guess there just has not been anything that screams "you must buy a PS3!"...yet...But, I know sooner or later it will happen; all it takes is one extraordinary game! For me, that game may very well be White Knight Chronicles :)

Right now, the best reason to get a PS3 is for Blu-Ray, which will become cheaper over the years when it's actually needed anyways. Aside from that, if you have a standard def TV, you won't be getting much from the 1080i part. And right now, the games just don't justify the price you're paying for the better model.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
There are decent games, it is backward compatible...
Socom is coming out on it... Call of Duty 4 is on it with free online play...

controller is decent.

I still think it's a bit expensive... but it works :) and the Blu-ray player included is a good feature.

BTW... welcome to the boards! We hope to see you around!

†B†V† :hat

Wow i never thought i get such a great responce to my post.

Anyway i dont think any of u have read my post, cause it clear says convince me why the PS3 is good and im not convinced yet so plz keep trying and thnx for all ur input on the issue its great to see so many ppl's opinon on the PS3.

I think the PS3 is over priced for wat u get, blue ray is not tht great and sony tryed to hard with the whole design on the thing but thts just me.
im not having a go at anyone, u all make very good points but im still not convinced. Id prefer a Xbox 360 or a Wii but thts just me.

The Design? To me, they really didn't try. They threw it together as quickly as possible, just like the 360.

We did read your post and basically we've pointed out why it rocks. If that's not convincing, then you need a 360 I would say.

RJ1022 said:
Why is blu-ray so great?
Because standard definition looks like absolute garbage, and Blu-ray closes the gap between hideous and acceptable on a 1920x1080 screen.

MissScyth said:
blue ray is not tht great
Why do you say that? Have you actually seen a quality display with both a standard definition and high definition picture on it? Standard is completely horrendous and near-unwatchable once you've actually seen what HD-quality movies look like.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Viewer/c7ff7e16.png

http://xylon.haloapplications.com/bluray/kingdomofheaven/03/
http://xylon.haloapplications.com/bluray/kingdomofheaven/04/
http://xylon.haloapplications.com/hddvd/chroniclesofriddick/05/
http://xylon.haloapplications.com/hddvd/troy/05/

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
why do I not see that difference ?

Must be an older TV :lol doesn't matter what I have on it.

In some movies... Blu-ray almost looks too high def and fake. That's just my opinion though. It is clean and clear for the most part.

†B†V† :hat