whats with the dominance of mmo these days anyways?

i seen so many good strategy games on facebook and not on just regular platforms like pc.

i seen some that look good and fun like army attack, galaxy 2, duegeon overlord, infinte realms.

too bad they don't invest in casual games like these on pc. such a darn shame all the attention goes to mmo.

Well you gotta look towards Japanese titles if you want strategy RPGS (fire emblem, shining force, final fantasy tactics etc etc) but yeah, the pc is lacking when it comes to strategy here in the US except for an extensive library of RTS

CreepinDeth said:
WoW is the reason everybody tries to get in. Have you seen how much they rake in on monthly subscription fees? That's really what it is. Everyone just wants a piece of the pie.
Very true - WoW really kicked the space up a notch and now every company wants to see that same level of success.

So far I haven't seen any MMO that I think can actually hit that critical mass yet- SWTOR might have a shot.

not really into the whole mmo. i rather just pay for a casual game and be done with it. trying to staying away from the more complex ones now that drain too much.

i found puzzle quest 2 to be decent for a casual game. could've been beter though. just trying to find something like casual strategy for spaceship and feudal/fantasy feudal.

CreepinDeth said:
WoW is the reason everybody tries to get in. Have you seen how much they rake in on monthly subscription fees? That's really what it is. Everyone just wants a piece of the pie.
That is so true. Every new MMO that comes out tries to make the claim that they are better than WoW. Every one of them has been pretty lack luster though. I've even heard more bad than good from SWToR. You ask me why I pay to play an MMO, and I ask why you pay to play online on XBL. That's my fun interaction time.

I have been playing ddo online for over a year now, and I am a free to play user. It's really nice that they have the whole free to play thing, but after awhile it really sucks u in and u start purchasing stuff, different races er classes er levels etc etc.

I never knew how much fun something like this was, and it is really nice becuz my husband is just as addicted and spends a lot of time looking up ways to do levels er beef up his character etc even when he is not online, and it is handy cuz I can play with my son even when he is with his biological dad in the states. Nice family night every evening here. lol

I tried lots of different facebook games and some were pretty cool, but after I got into ddo it far surpassed all of em in my head.

Maybe u would like it too if u gave it a shot. The whole main game is completely free and it is so much fun.