Whats Your Favourite Things About Christmas?

All you do here is simply post your favourite things about Christmas and why and what Christmas means to you.
You can mention as many things as you like.

Happy Posting.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

When my kids do stuff like that ^

The family thing is cool too. I remember back home we'd get up early and head to my parents' house for breakfast on Christmas morning. And then we'd all head to my grandparents' house. It was cool because my brother and I would sit around and do this comedy routine that would always make my grandmother and my aunt laugh so hard they'd cry.

But really, I see gift giving as for my kids. I never really ask for anything. I love watching my kids open up their gifts and go nuts. Christmas dinner is cool too.

I don't really like Christmas. I stick to the basic Christmas cartoons and gifts and I'm fine.

EDIT: I will say however, that I do like family and spending time. It's just the divorce thing with my parents. It's a little less enjoyable now. All well.

I am going up to Iowa though to see family. ^________^ I get to go to Chicago too and get WHITE CASTLE! :D (Best fast food ever)

Christmas Cartoons (especially Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and The Year without Santa) Mickey Rooney was the original voice of Santa clause in a majority of those classics and he did a fine job, Seeing smiling faces, the music, the cozy warm feelings (Kind of like if the gingerbread man and Rudolph the reindeer got in a fight...it would still be adorable...). Family happiness for the most part.

My favorite christmas song: Carol of the Bells

I like the smell of gingerbread, pine, and cinnamon.

Plus giving gifts is always a blast to see the reaction from people you love and care about. Like a sucker punch, but with a better reaction than, "Hey man, what gives?" :)

I dont enjoy Christmas anymore. Everyone lost the faith to be interested in its religious meaning,

Now it is just an economic holiday filled with tons of grief and disappointed spirits because people dont get what they want and others are left in the cold without any gifts or food or anything.

Why cant all year be a day of cheerful joy and benevolent acts instead of an economic time of bliss and a day off from work. It is quite a depressing holiday and just shows how rotten humans really are. Animals have it made, well the ones that people dont kill to eat on their tables, rotten humans!!!

Starrynite said:
I dont enjoy Christmas anymore. Everyone lost the faith to be interested in its religious meaning,

Now it is just an economic holiday filled with tons of grief and disappointed spirits because people dont get what they want and others are left in the cold without any gifts or food or anything.

Why cant all year be a day of cheerful joy and benevolent acts instead of an economic time of bliss and a day off from work. It is quite a depressing holiday and just shows how rotten humans really are. Animals have it made, well the ones that people dont kill to eat on their tables, rotten humans!!!
I guess you're just giving into the media hype and economic time this is. I love Christmas for what it truly is.

Strubes said:
I guess you're just giving into the media hype and economic time this is. I love Christmas for what it truly is.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458744,00.html

No hype. It's people acting like animals to save a few bucks.

On Black Friday, my wife lost her keys at the mall, and I had to drive from work to get her the spare. It was amazing that when people accidentally bumped into each other, they gave off nasty looks that could have erupted from there.

My problem about Christmas is not everyone realizes what it's all about. Most people now feel it's a national gimme-fest. Love thy neighbor, but only if he keeps his nasty hands off the last gadget at Walmart. Love thy neighbor, as long as he keeps his POS car out of that parking spot two aisles over so I can get it for myself. The list can go on and on. To me, Christmas should be no different than Thanksgiving.

I'm not trying to rant, but it's sickening to see people fighting to get something for someone in hopes that they will do the same in return.

The smell of oranges brings back memories of Christmas for me. The reason was that, when I was a kid, that is the only time of the year that I saw one. I remember getting an orange, an apple, some nuts, and a few pieces of candy in one of my socks. And maybe a toy or two. The focus of Christmas was family gatherings, food that you couldn't afford any other time of the year, and carolers singing at your door. I now enjoy the celebration of Christ the new born King, the many old Christmas songs, Jingle bells, and the time off from my job. And of course time with my family and that food, and homemade Christmas cookies. Gifts just don't mean as much as those type of memories.

It seems that there is so much built around the money and gifts these days that many people miss Christmas. How sad. :(

I like, watching all the old classic Christmas movies on TV, seeing my niece get all excited over gifts, the warm feeling from being with family, the good food, the pretty snow and lights, and that's about it.

P.S. Starry, please don't lump everybody together. A lot of us still enjoy Christmas for what it is. You need to get out more buddy :-\

Dart said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458744,00.html

No hype. It's people acting like animals to save a few bucks.

On Black Friday, my wife lost her keys at the mall, and I had to drive from work to get her the spare. It was amazing that when people accidentally bumped into each other, they gave off nasty looks that could have erupted from there.

My problem about Christmas is not everyone realizes what it's all about. Most people now feel it's a national gimme-fest. Love thy neighbor, but only if he keeps his nasty hands off the last gadget at Walmart. Love thy neighbor, as long as he keeps his POS car out of that parking spot two aisles over so I can get it for myself. The list can go on and on. To me, Christmas should be no different than Thanksgiving.

I'm not trying to rant, but it's sickening to see people fighting to get something for someone in hopes that they will do the same in return.
Yeah, I get that it's sickening. But I'm a little too strong-minded to let some grinches ruin a holiday for me. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I, personally don't go out on Black Friday, cause it doesn't hurt you to wait a couple days. If you want to go out and try and find the deals, that's your fault really.

x2 said:
I like, watching all the old classic Christmas movies on TV, seeing my niece get all excited over gifts, the warm feeling from being with family, the good food, the pretty snow and lights, and that's about it.

P.S. Starry, please don't lump everybody together. A lot of us still enjoy Christmas for what it is. You need to get out more buddy :-\
I agree. I love Christmas, Christmas movies, the lights, the atmosphere on Christmas Eve. I've never seen more warm hearts than on Christmas Eve.

x2 said:

Yeah, or at least stop dealing in absolutes. I just enjoy getting time to relax and be with family (plus, I love colder weather), and many others are the same. Sure, Christmas is very commercial nowadays, what with people buying gifts for each other, but giving gifts is very much in the spirit of the holiday itself (unless you are trampling people to but the gift obviously).

Why give gifts, it was more enjoyable to finally sit with familiy members that one hasnt seen in a while and just eat and have a good time.

I guess there are some good things on Christmas Day, but it is hard to actually want to enjoy the day.

Candy Canes (the tropical fruit flavored ones) are the best thing no doubt no lie.

Agree. The highlight I have for Christmas is getting together with the family again. (even though we do that enough during the year already, lol). But this is one of those 3 ACTUAL events that don't include a birthday or random get together for BBQ or family occasion that we have. lol (our family are reeeaal close). :lol

I like the regular candy canes myself. And yes, family and friends getting together is what I like the best. I personally can't drag much religion into this, as I feel that the Atonement of Christ is more important than his birth.

I think next weekend or the one after all the guys at work are getting together. It'll be fun.

Eh, I don't really like christmas...

I'm not a fan of gifts, I hate christmas shopping, and I don't really give a monkey's butt about the religious aspect of it.

Oh, and I can't stand my family too. :)

This reply won't earn me any "Brownie Points" with God,but honestly, I'd have to say opening the gifts.I'm not a parent,but over the years I've come to learn that the true joy parents have on Christmas Day is to see their children which they love so much,just glow with happiness when they tear off the wrapping paper and see only the very few seconds of true joy in there child's eyes when they see the gift from Santa that they have been wanting all year.

It must be an awesome feeling of the greatest magnitude.

God Bless,
MR.KAZ

Jun 2004
Georgia
I think getting someone the perfect present is so much better than getting one. I love seeing someone open a present and just flipping out in excitement because it's something they really wanted.