who here has RSS feeds posted to their desktop?

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
OR to any other source so that you can see when sites are updated?

If you do this, you can have this information from the game addict's section: www.egameaddiction.com/gameaddicts

There are RSS feeds from there. I am just curious how many people actually do this.

There are a few things I am working on that I cannot state out in the open right now *I am working to get them developed for the site*.... custom stuff I'll let you all know when that is done with the store :)

I am going to work on RSS feeds for here too... somehow, I think it is available already with the base package.... if I find out, I'll post it up.

But please post up... who uses RSS feeds?

†B†V† :hat

I used to have RSS feeds from this one site but then I just felt like it was a waste of extension for Firefox. Maybe it was just the extension, I dont know but it just showed what was being added to the site, etc. like updated news. I could just go to actual website and get the information that I need.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
One of the reasons I am asking this is I MIGHT have something like this developed for my shopping cart in which the new products I add (or restocks..etc) would be fed through an RSS feed so people can see what is added faster.... ALSO they wouldn't have to come to the site to see... although they could click the rss feed link and get to the new product asap that captures their attention.

Bv :hat

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
I am talking I am thinking of getting this developed for my store so people can have an RSS feed of new products to their computer..etc.

It is not done yet. I am trying to find out if people would find this helpful or not.

BV :hat

Death_By_Pumpkins said:
:? :? i'm completely lost :? :?
:lol
RSS (Real Simple Syndication) is a way for websites owners to update their websites and immediately let their RSS subscribers know that there are updates. In order to subscribe to an RSS feed is to get a program called an aggregator. This allows you to view the updates without opening up your web browser. For example, let's say egameaddiction has an RSS. What you do is click on the orange button that says "XML". you copy the link and put it in your aggregator and you now have subscribed to an RSS link for Egameaddiction. So now whenever BV updates his site you no longer have to open up internet explorer or firefox in order to see the updates.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
www.egameaddiction.com/gameaddicts
we have RSS there right now... it only displays the recent news that is on the frontpage though... I am looking to see if there is a way to get more displayed.

You can check that out if you wish :)

@ creepin... I am going to work on this more.... see if I Cannot get the forums and store with their own RSS feeds

Bv :hat