Who Here still plays Starcraft?

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
great! I want to try playing on bnet sometime with you all.... or at least have 1 person test it with me... I'm not sure if I can even get Starcraft over bnet to work.

we can't get Lan (IPX) to work anymore either.... BUT Lan (UDP) works fine.

It has to do with the win 98 Winsock Versus the XP Winsock... that's the problem :( SO... I'd like to try it out again to see if we can get Starcraft working fine over Bnet.

Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 Bnet edition still have problems.... but anything Diablo 2 and later are fine... Starcraft is one heck of a great game though! Hard to believe that nearly 10 years later it's still widely played.

Bv :hat

I've got both. And here a tip (if you have the expansion), If you can't decide which race to go as. Chose Protoss. Get the a 'Dark Archon'. Reserch 'Mind Control'. Then use mind control on worker units of another race. Now you can build their structures and units. And you get another unit count. So you can have 200 more units. Get all three and you've got 600 at your disposal! :D

Hell Scyth said:
I've got both. And here a tip (if you have the expansion), If you can't decide which race to go as. Chose Protoss. Get the a 'Dark Archon'. Reserch 'Mind Control'. Then use mind control on worker units of another race. Now you can build their structures and units. And you get another unit count. So you can have 200 more units. Get all three and you've got 600 at your disposal! :D
Wow thats pretty cool.

Bluevoodu

Site Founder
May 2004
Indiana
Hell Scyth said:
you can have up to 600 units? are you sure?

I thought their units were included with your 200 count.

Bv :hat