Zelda

Mar 2007
9,479
It is, but it's...optional. As in, don't have to. Using a lot of things would be for the puzzles through the main quest, not using the Spinner in two other places to get 200 Rupees or a Piece of Heart.
 
Jan 2007
2,490
Denham Springs, LA
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed TP and thought it was a great addition to the series. Despite a few minor idiosyncrasies, the game was well put together and nonetheless entertaining. The only two things I really hated was the wolf parts and the ending.
 
Jan 2007
9,948
Jack said:
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed TP and thought it was a great addition to the series. Despite a few minor idiosyncrasies, the game was well put together and nonetheless entertaining. The only two things I really hated was the wolf parts and the ending.
Well put.
 
Mar 2007
9,479
Jack said:
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed TP and thought it was a great addition to the series. Despite a few minor idiosyncrasies, the game was well put together and nonetheless entertaining. The only two things I really hated was the wolf parts and the ending.
And Snowpeak. >_> I actually stop playing when I get there I hate it so much.
 
fhqwhgads said:
And Snowpeak. >_> I actually stop playing when I get there I hate it so much.
oh come on XD it was a funny temple, and it had a weird twist XD seriously is a very unique temple on the zelda series, i wouldn't mind if there was another one like this in the future
 
Mar 2007
9,479
I was disgusted by it. The item had one purpose("Me Ball and Chain, me smash!"), it ruined the boss because of it, the dungeon was extremely linear since you couldn't go through it how you wanted, going through the deep snow was more tedious than realistic, and it was all around boring.



Unique way to get the Heart Container, though.
 
Mar 2007
9,479
Hinesmdc said:
in twilight princess!?

thats one of my favorite zelda temples of all time!
How can you people think that, it was pretty much the opposite of Zelda. No unique puzzles and very linear.
 
fhqwhgads said:
How can you people think that, it was pretty much the opposite of Zelda. No unique puzzles and very linear.
because it was out of the ordinary, it might be linear, almost every game is linear nowadays, the only thing unique here was the use of a cannon and the chain and ball, but i consider this temple to be more about destroy and fighting than puzzles themselves but at the beginning it takes a while to know what to do (until you hear the typical zelda song that i called "DUH") but well i didn't use a guide on this game so it might be only me (not saying you use a guide either)


besides the chain and ball is also a new item on the zelda series, i think it was a very good adittion too, the boss battle also was really amazing (who would have guessed that mrs big foot was the bad guy and soo poweful XD)

i guess you just look at TP with a negative mind, i may not know why but is making you blind to see that this game is better than you think it is, i know is your opinion but as the guys said before the flaws of the game are very few and is still one of the best games on wii and one of the reason the console sold that much in the launch days
 
Mar 2007
9,479
Zidart said:
when was the last time you used a cannon on a zelda game????
Wind Waker on my boat, why? Plus, the boss battle. Let's recap. Blizzetta starts out in the middle. Slides towards you. *throws Ball and Chain* There's some knockback, she comes again, same thing. Once you're past that form, it gets really interesting. You have to actually move during this one. I know, try and stay with me. *run, run, run, break a few of those icicles, throw Ball and Chain* Repeat again. Second only to Armogohma in crappiness.
 
fhqwhgads said:
Wind Waker on my boat, why? Plus, the boss battle. Let's recap. Blizzetta starts out in the middle. Slides towards you. *throws Ball and Chain* There's some knockback, she comes again, same thing. Once you're past that form, it gets really interesting. You have to actually move during this one. I know, try and stay with me. *run, run, run, break a few of those icicles, throw Ball and Chain* Repeat again. Second only to Armogohma in crappiness.
riiiiight XD (i forgot the wind waker boat had a cannon XD )

well man the boss battles are still fun even though they are not challenging.....(and if they are hard people start complaining about them example the water boss of MM)
 
Mar 2007
9,479
Yeah, I had fun with the bosses, though I'd prefer if they didn't show you where to hit them.


And Gyorg was HARD. I had five Hearts at the time, since I wasn't big on Piece of Hearts in MM yet. Barely pulled through. Now I have seven and I'm done with Snowpeak.
 
fhqwhgads said:
Yeah, I had fun with the bosses, though I'd prefer if they didn't show you where to hit them.


And Gyorg was HARD. I had five Hearts at the time, since I wasn't big on Piece of Hearts in MM yet. Barely pulled through. Now I have seven and I'm done with Snowpeak.
i did my own hard mode on TP and it's actually a little harder XD.

anyway for gyorg i had to get all the faries go outside and look for the great fairy, get the defense upgrade and go back and kill him.........i did all that without a guide........it took me a week..... xD.......best boss on MM.......majora's was too easy but too amazing..........MM should beat OoT
 
Mar 2007
9,479
MM should beat OoT, it's easily the best in the Zelda series, with Wind Waker at a close second. I beat all of MM without any Great Fairy upgrades, and I was 'scared' of the game, so I used GameFAQs to beat Stone Tower, since I knew I wouldn't be able to on my own. The miniboss of there is hard.
 

Mai Valentine

Forum Staff
Jun 2004
10,541
Georgia
I'm really loving Phantom Hourglass so far. I've probably only played about an hour of it at this point but it's already gripping me better than Twilight Princess did.

Of course, I LOVED Wind Waker, so I suppose it's not entirely unexpected since Phantom Hourglass continues off from Wind Waker. ^_^
 
Mai Valentine said:
I'm really loving Phantom Hourglass so far. I've probably only played about an hour of it at this point but it's already gripping me better than Twilight Princess did.

Of course, I LOVED Wind Waker, so I suppose it's not entirely unexpected since Phantom Hourglass continues off from Wind Waker. ^_^
in my opinion phantom hourglass more than TP
 
Mar 2007
9,479
Mai Valentine said:
I'm really loving Phantom Hourglass so far. I've probably only played about an hour of it at this point but it's already gripping me better than Twilight Princess did.

Of course, I LOVED Wind Waker, so I suppose it's not entirely unexpected since Phantom Hourglass continues off from Wind Waker. ^_^
Yes, both are quite amazing.